FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   New Black Amex Perk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/141458-new-black-amex-perk.html)

Echelon Feb 13, 2003 1:14 pm

New Black Amex Perk

Since the beginning, Amex has been adding new benefits to the Centurion Card program with an eyedropper. More things seem to quietly go away than are added.

In case you missed this one:

Stay at any Mandarin Oriental Hotel, get a free upgrade and a free night with at least one paid night.

For those of you who haven't experienced the brand, Mandarin Oriental is arguably the finest chain in the world. Better than Ritz, better than 4 Seasons.

bagold Feb 13, 2003 1:43 pm

I've had mixed service with the Mandarin. Depends on which one you go too. Won't see it is necessarily better than the Four Seasons.

stimpy Feb 13, 2003 2:50 pm

The Oriental in BKK is one of the finest hotels I've ever been to. LON and SIN are pretty decent too.

Another new benefit for Centurion is a third night free at several of the finest hotels in France this spring. Included is the PH Vendome.

BigTexasRugger Feb 13, 2003 6:49 pm

How are you guys getting these notices?!? I feel like I'm always the last to learn about this stuff. And it's not like my CTS travel counselor is any help.

Echelon Feb 13, 2003 9:07 pm

The Mandarin offer is in the newsletter with the February statement.

axel1 Feb 14, 2003 7:50 am

The Mandarin offer has been a "standard" benefit for Centurion cards since their launch in Germany and also Switzerland.

So itīs nothing "new" for the "old" world.
;-)

BigTexasRugger Feb 15, 2003 3:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Echelon:
The Mandarin offer is in the newsletter with the February statement.</font>
Thanks. Haven't received by Feb statement yet.

flamboyant 1 Feb 15, 2003 3:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by axel1:
The Mandarin offer has been a "standard" benefit for Centurion cards since their launch in Germany and also Switzerland.

So itīs nothing "new" for the "old" world.
;-)
</font>
Somewhere I heard it was valid just for one stay during year. Is that wrong ? I believe you could get a free night more than once.

UpgradeMe Feb 15, 2003 5:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I heard it was valid just for one stay during year.</font>
The plain language of the offer limits it to one stay per property.

ahrz Feb 15, 2003 6:30 pm

My Feb. statement will be edited 02/25/2003.
Together with my Jan. statement was a flyer which stated :

Mandarin Oriental Hotels
- A complementary stay when paying for your first full rate stay.

Let's see ...

nologic Feb 25, 2003 2:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Echelon:
Stay at any Mandarin Oriental Hotel, get a free upgrade and a free night with at least one paid night.</font>
I take it that's one night per stay, not one free night for each free night booked?

Echelon Feb 25, 2003 6:10 pm

1 night free per stay, min 1 paid night, once per hotel.

LondonElite Feb 26, 2003 3:09 am

...but you still have to pay the full rack rate!

It's probably cheaper to pay for two nights on widely available discounted rates. I'm staying at The Oriental in BKK next month for under $150 per night. The full rack rate for the cheapest room is something like $350.

I think this deal is about as useful as the two-for-one airline ticket offer.

[This message has been edited by LondonElite (edited 02-26-2003).]