HELP ! AMEX GERMANY IS DRIVING ME ...

Old Jan 27, 03, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Location: FRA - IHG Platinum AMB / HH Gold / SPG Gold / BA Gold / TK Gold / LH SEN / DL Gold / AZ Elite+ -> www.stopflyingeconomy.com
HELP ! AMEX GERMANY IS DRIVING ME ...

Sorry, but I really hope somebody here can help me with my problem. Amex just canceled my BlueCard "on my request". I never requested to get my CC canceled! A few weeks ago a stranger used my Amex card without my knowledge. I called Amex to report it and never heard anything from them. Also it took them almost 6 month to send me my GoldCard. After I received the GoldCard, they charged the first annual fee even the card is free for the first year. Nobody is replying on my emails, faxes and letters. Exact same thing happened to my colleague! Does anybody here have the name and email address or mailing address of a president or someone else who is taking care about their customers in Germany or Europe?
Thanx very much!
Old Jan 27, 03, 11:09 am

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
Don't know for sure this contact can assist you with your problem, given the international aspect of your situation. But, for substantial problems I've had with AMEX/US, he has, twice, capably and quickly resolved my problems. He also, uniquely, *does* return phone calls when he promises to call back, which makes him one rare bird at the AMEX coop, er., corp. Seriously, he's one of the few bright spots I've ever found in the AMEX organization that is, remarkably, so poor in customer service to have such decent products.

Mark Neuberg - (212) 640-2000 (might be extension 36379). I believe his position is assistant to the CEO/ problem resolution.
Old Jan 28, 03, 3:24 pm
msn

You can try Michael Muhl, Head of Customer DisService and Operations for Austria and Germany.

I won't say he is an idiot, but he fits into the incompetent culture of American Express Germany.
Old Jan 28, 03, 3:25 pm
msn

By the way, that's Mühl, with a ü.
Old Jan 29, 03, 12:54 am

Ask for Frau Cordula Szabo at the "save a cutsomer department" - she is quite competent and I´ve only made good impressions with her.

Amex hardly ever answers to letters, faxes or e-mails.
Old Jan 29, 03, 3:55 am

By the way:

If there´s any fraud with your card (like you told with your blue card) Amex (like any other credit card company) will cancel it immediately to avoid any further fraud with that card.

So that´s no reason to blame Amex - but the should have informed you, if a blue replacement card was sent to you or not.
Old Jan 29, 03, 7:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
e-mails to different [email protected] were always answered in my case albeit with quite some delay!
Old Jan 29, 03, 5:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by servus:
(...) Amex just canceled my BlueCard "on my request". I never requested to get my CC canceled! (...) Also it took them almost 6 month to send me my GoldCard. After I received the GoldCard, they charged the first annual fee even the card is free for the first year. </font>
The first thing to do is always to contact the Customer Service by phone. They could reissue your blue if you explain the problem.

The Gold card is free for the first year if and only if this is explicitely written on the application form you used. Again, a call to the CS should be enough to get the fee recredited.

Old Jan 30, 03, 12:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ahrz:
The Gold card is free for the first year if and only if this is explicitely written on the application form you used.
[/B]</font>
Or if you´ve been offered a certain fare by Amex!

I once got an offer for a gold card free for every year durin wich I charge 10K Euros or more!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: