AMEX Holders in Finland - Fuel stations

Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Holders in Finland - Fuel stations

Does any fuel station in Finland accept AMEX cards anymore? I have tried ABC, ST1 & Neste. Any...?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Unmanned stations have never accepted. Normal stations should accept unless something has changed recently.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jp_fin
Unmanned stations have never accepted. Normal stations should accept unless something has changed recently.
Thanks for the info. Just seeing this now but I had to call customer care after I posted and I was indeed told same. Dont know if it is worth the hassle anyway... Diners is accepted in all the unmanned stations too
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
It is interesting that Amex Gold card offers double points from gasoline, but you can not buy it anywhere.. Except few stations where you might be able to pay at the register.

That's why I use my AY+ Diners for gasoline.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saturne-79
It is interesting that Amex Gold card offers double points from gasoline, but you can not buy it anywhere.. Except few stations where you might be able to pay at the register.

That's why I use my AY+ Diners for gasoline.
Now I just order gift cards with Amex and use these cards when I need to fuel... saves me the headache.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
No more Hilton Gold with platinum card!

I got my amex bill today (which is nice as my due date for the bill is tomorrow...) and there was a information that in Finland you are no more able to get Hilton Gold card with your platinum card. This ended 31.12.-12.
So now there is only SPG gold and ClubCarlson what you can get with new platinum card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.