Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by KeithS
Same here.
My experience of Lloyds (and I may be unfair as this error may not be theirs - although it just happens to the Lloyds Amex transactions) is that they are the most inept organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
I am afraid that my Lloyds' Amex card is the only card that I constantly have to chase for missing credit...

I have emailed Amex support many times and they have always been helpful, however, it does often take a few emails back and forth before the credit finally credit into my Lloyd's account...

My latest problem with my Lloyds card is the HOF spent about 3 weeks ago.. received email back from Amex support that according to their record, the credit has been applied to my Lloyds account already..should really have received it by now..
If it has not been all these fouresquare special offers, I would have cut my Lloyds card by now..
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Executive club, Membership rewards, Diners Club, El Al Matmid.
Originally Posted by enda1
Apparently if you have to change card for whatever reason (chip stops working for example) you can avail of the offers again as you've a new card number.
Yup. I ring up telling them how tattered my card looks, end up getting a new one
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Executive club, Membership rewards, Diners Club, El Al Matmid.
Oh and BTW guys this manager didn't even know who made iPhones. I kid you not. I'll just email exec relations :/
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: BA , Diners Club, El Al, YourPoints.
Originally Posted by KeithS
Thanks for that! Just emailed them
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Anyone confirm that if you check into gap and then purchase in gap kids the offer gets credited?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mdj1
Anyone confirm that if you check into gap and then purchase in gap kids the offer gets credited?
Same store or different one? Same store is fine - not actually tried a different store...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Grrrr. £50 of unleaded in at shell, went to pay and get the 'sorry we dont accept american express' spiel, which normally means they do, but don't like the merchant fee.

I have a screengrab clearly showing check-in special at that location, so email now sent...to be fair, I haven't had to chase any or had any problems for a few months now.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by leaveamessage
Grrrr. £50 of unleaded in at shell, went to pay and get the 'sorry we dont accept american express' spiel, which normally means they do, but don't like the merchant fee.

I have a screengrab clearly showing check-in special at that location, so email now sent...to be fair, I haven't had to chase any or had any problems for a few months now.
lol I went to a restaurant in the shop small last November and they did that to me. They even had the logo on their door.

Walked out and never paid the £50 meal (Amex was the only card I had as I had lost my wallet and they did an emergency replacement). Their loss. They can't legally say they take a certain payment method and then not take it. That would be a bit like them saying they take Euros or Dollars and then when paying saying they don't.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by mdj1
Checked in at Gap Canary Wharf, purchased vouchers in Knightsbridge, came up on statement as Gap/Kids, credit came through after 2 days!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:24 pm

Shop Small

Originally Posted by reclusive46
lol I went to a restaurant in the shop small last November and they did that to me. They even had the logo on their door.

Walked out and never paid the £50 meal (Amex was the only card I had as I had lost my wallet and they did an emergency replacement). Their loss. They can't legally say they take a certain payment method and then not take it. That would be a bit like them saying they take Euros or Dollars and then when paying saying they don't.
Shop Small in this area (Northampton UK) was a total shambles.

I went to two establishments shown on the list who told me when I went to pay that they did not take American Express - again one of them had both an Amex sticker and a Shop Small sticker in the window. One other shop had huge problems accepting my card because they had clearly just been signed up to Amex (the owner told me I was the first Amex customer) but whoever had sold Amex to them hadn't told them how to set up their card machine to accept the cards. I had to go back next day to pay.

In the end I gave up. It looked great on paper but the reality fell well short.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:46 pm

I've had nothing but trouble with the Shell offer.. neither of the times I've used it has it been applied, I've had to chase them.

Was getting quite annoyed in London trying to check in to House Of Fraser, because Vodafone 3G data wasn't working.. then tried on the BlackBerry App and for the 3rd time I had forgotten about the synced card, so I gave up.

Anyone know what the next ones are? I saw mention of Bentalls (loads of those around lol) and Debenhams.. when do they start?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:33 am

I see offers for Fenwicks and Debenhams are live today. Both spend £50, get £25 back!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:35 am

....and Bentalls !
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MattUK
I've had nothing but trouble with the Shell offer.. neither of the times I've used it has it been applied, I've had to chase them.

Was getting quite annoyed in London trying to check in to House Of Fraser, because Vodafone 3G data wasn't working.. then tried on the BlackBerry App and for the 3rd time I had forgotten about the synced card, so I gave up.

Anyone know what the next ones are? I saw mention of Bentalls (loads of those around lol) and Debenhams.. when do they start?
Just sync after and redeem after the transaction. It'll still work as long as you do it before it posts to the account. I had to do this on the day foursquare went down. Its the actual posting that puts the credit on, the authorisation only causes the notification.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: BA , Diners Club, El Al, YourPoints.
Bloody annoyed.

No credits, but I checked in at all... Pain. Massive pain.

CS are "investigating" but normally it was one email via the secure messaging system and it was over. The messaging system is still down..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.