Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I received an email from Amex with the list a while back and the majority of the offers were finishing 31/12/12 - here's hoping more new offers for January come around soon!
Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by reclusive46
Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.
Indeed - they need to give us some time to spend the gift vouchers spent from the previous offers, no?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
AmEx and foursquare - more offers

Just arrived in my inbox:

-Harrods, GAP, Banana Republic, House of Frasier: Spend Ł50, get Ł25 back (1-28 February)

-Shell: Spend Ł50, get Ł15 back (valid until April 18)

-Pizza Hut: Spend Ł30, get Ł15 back (valid until March 6)

-Starbucks: Spend Ł10, get Ł5 back (valid until February 13)

-Carphone Warehouse: Spend Ł25, get Ł10 back (1-28 February)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club

Well, we have 12 amex cards at the moment, potentially 15 if we request some more supp cards. Harrods would probably call the police i reckon if we turned up with all those

Does anyone know if the lloyds avios supp cards have different numbers to the main cards please?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:51 am

New FourSquare Amex Promotion [UK]

Just received this promotion from Amex in my email :-

Valid 1-28 February 2013
Harrods - Spend Ł50 get Ł25 back
House of Fraser - Spend Ł50 get Ł25 back
Gap - Spend Ł50 get Ł25 back
Banana Republic - Spend Ł50 get Ł25 back
Carphone Warehouse - Spend Ł50 get Ł25 back

Currently Ongoing :
Shell - Spend Ł50 get Ł15 back (valid till 18 April 2013)
Pizza Hut - Spend Ł30 get Ł15 back (valid till 6 March 2013)
Starbucks - Spend Ł10 get Ł5 back (valid till 13 Feb 2013)

Potentially promotions for Debenhams / Fenwick / Bentalls coming soon too!

Time to start syncing with FourSquare again!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by pianoamit
I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).
Exactly what I had in mind! They do gift cards in the US so I assume they have them in the UK too, I don't see why they wouldn't. I was planning to cancel my lloyds amex but perhaps I'll keep it for a couple more months .
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club

I'm pretty sure i remember someone saying they dont give card fee refunds so if you get charged the £50 it might be worth keeping it for the rest of the year, or if you havent been charged then possibly downgrade to the free version before they charge you.

If the supp cards have a different card number enabling you to hit these sort of offers twice per account then the cards should wipe their own noses quite well.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:33 am
iDo

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Gold, HHonors Gold.
Originally Posted by stoneman
My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****
As above, Gap an HOF do not start until 1st of Feb so no surprise they aren't showing up I guess.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:00 am
Suspended

Last time around i was able to check into a gap which was coming up with the offer but got the credit anyway for shopping at a different gap which wasn't coming up.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by stoneman
I understand your frustration but persevere with it, it's worth it. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences with the app. It can be temperamental at times
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Just synched my Amex card to my Foursquare account. House of Fraser here we come.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
I have just loaded the starbucks one onto my card! wohoo
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:05 am
dgm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by pianoamit
Yes they do gift cards, they are the sister company to Gap and one of the assistants let me know it can be possible to use them across both brands. Worth a try!

Here we go again amex, fill your boots kids!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.