AMEX Discontinuing Platinum/Cent. Travel APP?!?!

Old Nov 30, 12, 12:08 am
Original Poster

AMEX Discontinuing Platinum/Cent. Travel APP?!?!

Had a pop-up message when I was checking on my flight to London that the travel app will be discontinued effective January 31, 2013. (This is the same APP used when we received complimentary Tripit PRO subscriptions). I always use this app for work! I hope they're unveiling new things soon... too many things being taken away from us on the Platinum card.
Old Nov 30, 12, 9:43 am

Yeah, I just got an email about that. The app isn't much value-added beyond TripIt, but I had become accustomed to the user interface. The issue I have is that they introduced it with TripIt Pro (not much value added for me, but I know it was for some), then cut the "Pro" part last year, and now the app is going away...I was hoping AmEx was creating a travel platform oriented to the small business (naturally pushing their preferred products), but I guess not. Now I'll have to spend time moving my small business to a new platform.
Old Nov 30, 12, 4:20 pm

Yeah. I got an email about this, too. I won't miss it. Once they took away TripIt Pro, it was basically TripIt with another interface and colors, but slightly more cumbersome to use for me.
Old Nov 30, 12, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
Yeah. I got an email about this, too. I won't miss it. Once they took away TripIt Pro, it was basically TripIt with another interface and colors, but slightly more cumbersome to use for me.
Completely agree. You could almost see this coming once Pro was gone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: