Wiki Posts
Search

Rental Car offers for Platinum question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2002, 4:06 pm
msn
Original Poster

Rental Car offers for Platinum question

The American Express web site says, "Platinum Card membership gives you complimentary access to special car rental benefits from Hertz® Rent A Car, National® Car Rental, Budget®Rent-a-Car, and Avis® Rent-A-Car." but I have not seen anything else about it online - anyone have details?
Old Sep 24, 2002, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I guess these are 'benefits' for the US-issued card.

The UK card offers membership of the Hertz #1 Gold (or whatever it's called) with an upgrade if you mention the AmEx CDP when renting. I understand that many other CDPs offer lower rates, so I'm not sure if this is a benefit. (I usually use Avis or Prceline, anyway.)
Old Sep 24, 2002, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
With the US card you get double upgrades with Hertz -- but you have to book w/Amex Platinum Travel, or use their # in your reservation. Their rates are higher than the AAA rates tend to be.

Amex has come in handy in cases when Hertz (and the others) claim no vehicles are available. In such cases Amex has been able to reserve me a car w/Hertz (and I've gotten the upgrade) every time.

------------------
Please be careful when opening the overhead bins as the coach custmers may have shifted in flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.