Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX MR [USA] to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 35% Bonus to 12.29.2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX MR [USA] to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 35% Bonus to 12.29.2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Thumbs up AMEX MR [USA] to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 35% Bonus to 12.29.2012

Just noticed:
Virgin Flying Club™ - Transfer Point Virgin Atlantic Airways Now starting at 1,000 points
Receive 35% more Flying Club Miles when you Transfer Membership Rewards® points between November 27, 2012 and December 29, 2012

I don't know if it targeted or not, but it is a pretty good deal^
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:53 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by afmiami
Just noticed:
Virgin Flying Club™ - Transfer Point Virgin Atlantic Airways Now starting at 1,000 points
Receive 35% more Flying Club Miles when you Transfer Membership Rewards® points between November 27, 2012 and December 29, 2012

I don't know if it targeted or not, but it is a pretty good deal^
not targeted
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:18 pm
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Thanks for posting this. I took advantage of the bonus and topped off our accounts! Definitely not targeted.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Deal seems good considering the lack of delta bonuses
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Can someone explain how transfer to virgin america works from Atlantic?

I found this:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...bfSubmit1.x=19

I'm looking at Los Angeles - Fort Lauderdale 25,000

I assume this is each way right? But at the bottom it says "No one way rewards permitted." So is it round trip?

If it's one way I'm looking at round trip cost of 32,500 with the 35% bonus.
Where if I use the straight mr:virgin america 2:1 it would be 33,304. Which would be a slight savings for this. If this is round trip though this would be fantastic deal for me.

(Before anyone says to use avios/southwest I can't find avios flight the day I need to go (firm date). And while southwest will come to 25,440 MR points it's not a direct flight. I'd rather pay 7k more points for direct.)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Altoid
Can someone explain how transfer to virgin america works from Atlantic? .?

I assume this is each way right? But at the bottom it says "No one way rewards permitted." So is it round trip?
25,000 is the amount for a "return reward". Return is British for round-trip. Note, however, that you will not transfer miles from VS to VX, but rather redeem through Virgin Atlantic for flights operated by Virgin America. Award seat availability and the points required will be different than if you redeemed through Virgin America's own program.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
This sounds like a decent way to save points then if there is avabliblity.

How do I find out if there is avabliblity only through phone? Is there a cost to calling it in? If I call in and there's availability can I just do an insant MR transfer while on the phone to virgin Atlantic and have the agent book?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Altoid
This sounds like a decent way to save points then if there is avabliblity.

How do I find out if there is avabliblity only through phone? Is there a cost to calling it in? If I call in and there's availability can I just do an insant MR transfer while on the phone to virgin Atlantic and have the agent book?
It is well explained in the AMEX site:
In my experience, I called Virgin, checked availability, they put the reservation on hold, I transferred the miles, and I called back to confirm. Pretty easy.

Check Award seat availability at virginatlantic.com/flyingclub or call 1-800-862-8621 and press '4' to speak with an agent about Flying Club
Transfer enough points into your Flying Club account to redeem for your award seat, or top up your account to use them at another time in the future.
How many Flying Club Miles do you need?
(Click Reverse Calculation if you prefer to start with the number of Membership Rewards points you want to transfer)

1,350 Flying Club Miles =
1,000 Membership Rewards® Points
Membership Rewards points needed:

Points must be transferred in increments of 1,000
The points calculator rounds up to the nearest thousand Membership Rewards points. Your Flying Club Miles amount will be adjusted upwards accordingly.
Reverse Calculation
Click Transfer This Amount to transfer Membership Rewards points to the Flying Club account
Allow 24 to 48 hours to complete a transfer.
Once transfer is complete visit virginatlantic.com/flyingclub to redeem your award seat or call 1-800-862-8621 and press '4' to speak with an agent about Flying Club.
You cannot reverse a points transfer.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion
ORD-LHR fuel surcharge is ridiculous, ruins the value of the air miles.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superior2112
ORD-LHR fuel surcharge is ridiculous, ruins the value of the air miles.
Right, it make sense only if you redeem for Upper Class travel. It is the case with most European carriers.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:29 am

guys, i am planning to do this, move MR to virgin to HHonors, do I have enough time to complete these 2 transfers. do the points transfer immediately and show up at Virgin so I can initiate transfer to HHonors, or there is a wait period.

I do not want to get stuck with Virgin points.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by troyhouse
guys, i am planning to do this, move MR to virgin to HHonors, do I have enough time to complete these 2 transfers. do the points transfer immediately and show up at Virgin so I can initiate transfer to HHonors, or there is a wait period.

I do not want to get stuck with Virgin points.
Immediately to VS; about 10 days after contacting VS for points to show in HH. It takes about 2 minutes for the VS agent to initiate transfer.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Immediately to VS; about 10 days after contacting VS for points to show in HH. It takes about 2 minutes for the VS agent to initiate transfer.
but i need to complete both the legs by 29th. hopefully it is enough time to do it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:53 am

After transfer got around 135k VA miles, and initiated transfer to HHonors, hope it happens soon. Will get 270K points, which will be very useful with cash+points stay in europe.

do you guys know how many days till the points shows up at hhonors?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by troyhouse
do you guys know how many days till the points shows up at hhonors?
You may have overlooked the reply to your previous post:

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
...about 10 days after contacting VS for points to show in HH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.