FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   American Express authorized users (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1408630-american-express-authorized-users.html)

RedWingsFan Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm

American Express authorized users

Just added a couple of authorized users on my amex account. Does anyone know if they mail the cards to the account holder or the authorized users?

redtop43 Nov 18, 2012 3:00 pm

To the account holder.

FWIW, Amex reports the AU to credit bureaus. This can be a very good thing for the AU. It got my wife a 750 credit score within weeks of getting her USA residency.

thomdis Nov 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Amex will mail the cards to the authorized users, based on the address supplied. For credit reporting purposes, they will show up as authorized users, although the responsibility will be for the main account holder.

Filler03 Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Does anybody know if Amex is still giving membership rewards points for adding a AU?

jordandawg05 Nov 20, 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 19706926)
To the account holder.

FWIW, Amex reports the AU to credit bureaus. This can be a very good thing for the AU. It got my wife a 750 credit score within weeks of getting her USA residency.

wow really ?My wife is going through the immigration process now...and I did add her to my amex plat card. She doesn't have her SSN yet but once she does i will provide it to Amex...is that all you did and your wife got 750 out of the bat?

that'll be sweet if she can get that, i'll get her some cards on her own and get some points heheh.

i didn't even know thats feasible, i figured she'll have to build from ground up with way low score...

stingray300 Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by thomdis (Post 19707460)
Amex will mail the cards to the authorized users, based on the address supplied. For credit reporting purposes, they will show up as authorized users, although the responsibility will be for the main account holder.

That hasn't been the case for me. Recently applied for a supp card for my mom who lives in another city. I put her own address in the AU application but I received the card in my mail. CC told me that the first card for each AU would always be mailed to the basic cardholder so that he/she can activate the card for the AU; however subsequent replacement cards would be sent to the AU directly. So then I activated the card and asked for a replacement card right away so my mom could get it. Interestingly enough, the replacement card showed up in my mail after a few days. Tried again for a second time but to no avail. CC ended up asking me to deliver the card to my mom myself.

Filler03 Nov 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Filler03 (Post 19713749)
Does anybody know if Amex is still giving membership rewards points for adding a AU?

Anybody know the answer to this?

Michael Ladao Jul 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by stingray300 (Post 19723687)
That hasn't been the case for me. Recently applied for a supp card for my mom who lives in another city. I put her own address in the AU application but I received the card in my mail. CC told me that the first card for each AU would always be mailed to the basic cardholder so that he/she can activate the card for the AU; however subsequent replacement cards would be sent to the AU directly. So then I activated the card and asked for a replacement card right away so my mom could get it. Interestingly enough, the replacement card showed up in my mail after a few days. Tried again for a second time but to no avail. CC ended up asking me to deliver the card to my mom myself.

Was the envelope that came in the mail addressed to you or the AU???

GRG Jul 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Filler03 (Post 19713749)

Originally Posted by Michael Ladao (Post 31331193)
Was the envelope that came in the mail addressed to you or the AU???

I added my dad as an authorized user to my gold card a couple months ago, I didn't receive and bonus points. His card came to my address, but I can't remember if it had his name on it or mine.