Wiki Posts
Search

"Charter Member" thing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2002, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, OK Plus Gold
"Charter Member" thing

My Centurion card reads "Charter Member" above the four digit code. It is supposed to have some meaning of a founding member of the Centurion "club" as I was one of the first cardmembers to receive the offer to get it. Has anyone made any experience with this status and do you think it has any meaning? My friend who received a supplementary card from me, however, received it without the "Charter Member" italics.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I dunno about Centurion, but a friend of mine was a charter member of the Amex Platinum when it was launched in Argentina some years back, and his card also has a special label on it. His card has no additional priviledges, though.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 10:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
It normally denotes someone who got a card during the first few years they had them. In the USA, these go to members who joined up betweeen 1958 and 1964.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.