Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Perk With Hertz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2001, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Amex Platinum Perk With Hertz

As most here are aware Amex has a partnership with Amex. Platinum members receive free Hertz #1 Gold and a special CDP for them. These aren't really a big deal, but there is another perk. Hertz guarantees car availability for Platinum card members. They will guarantee to have up to a full-size 4D vehicle available for members (don't know if this applies to special events).

Typically, I book a car on line through Hertz.com. The Platinum CDP is in my profile and that is the first rate I check. It showed availability, but the rate was rather high ($56/day for a weekend rental in PIT) as usual. When I switched CDP to my other, better CDP's (esp. AAA), there would be no car available. I called Hertz and the agent, much to her surpise, got the same result. After checking with a supervisor, she told me about the Amex Platinum guarantee.

Of course, the rate is over twice as much as I normally pay for a weekend rental in PIT. I guess that is not too bad as all the other rental car companies currently have rates starting at $80/day for that time period.

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 12-16-2001).]
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:33 am

It does not apply to special events. I tried to rent a car through the web using my #1 Gold card number and the Amex Plat guarantee for the olympics in Salt Lake. No go.

On the other hand, the Plat card got me a free upgrade to a Land Rover when visiting Vermont!

Old Dec 17, 2001, 2:56 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
The other advantage is when they create your #1 Club Gold profile there is is a note on your profile for a one car class upgrade, which I get about 80% of the time (and even more often recently it seems).
Old Mar 5, 2002, 1:03 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Could someone email me the AMEX Platinum CDP if you have it handy to mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>. I deleted out of my profile in favor of AAA which is usually cheaper, but need it now!

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2002, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Only valid in the US, just as a reminder...
Old Mar 10, 2002, 1:09 pm

How do you apply for the Hertz Platinum Perks?
Old Mar 10, 2002, 3:12 pm

Just call the Platinum hotline and a Concierge will have all the info sent to you.

As an alternative, I signed up online. I went through all the steps, even where it says that you agree to pay the annual fee (somewhere in the neighborhood of $50). I figured that once I received my Hertz card, I would dispute the charge because I was Amex Plat. However, when my welcome packet came from Hertz, they had figured out that I had an Amex Plat and automatically waived the annual fee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.