Second Global Entry Reimbursement?

Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Five people on one card or one GE credit on each AU card? If the latter, that's standard; if the former, sounds like a mistake by Amex.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:26 pm

Five people on one card... no AU. I was surprised too. Seems like credits are automated as I can't imagine this would have passed human approval.

Last edited by flightsofideas; Dec 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:41 pm

I got credit for 2. Only one card. Was pleasantly surprised.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flightsofideas
I have an AmEx Platinum and registered for Global Entry for 5 people (wife and three kids). Got statement credits for 5 x $100. Has anyone else had this happen? I thought I'd only get credit for one ($100) not for five!

I don't plan to call and ask about it!
Wow - merry Christmas to you!

Did you make the GE payments all at the same time? Or in close proximity to each other?

I was considering getting GE for my mom and just paying for it. If there are more reports of this, I might hold off for a few months until my renewal comes up and do her signup at the same time as my renewal.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:05 am

Has anybody was recently successful in getting reimbursement for Nexus?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Year 2 of AMEX Plat. Already got Global Entry membership.
Charged 2nd membership for a family member on 12/29. Got refunded today 1/2.

My card number did get stolen so I requested a new card. However, this was after I charged the GE fee.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Did you make the GE payments all at the same time? Or in close proximity to each other?
Four were all on the same day ... within the hour. The fifth was two weeks later.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:34 pm

I have a corporate gold Amex, which was supposed to offer me reimbursement of the $100 Global Entry application fee if paid using the Amex card. I indeed paid with the card, but have not been reimbursed. I called Amex, who said that they need to be "notified" by US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) that my application was approved. Has anyone else gone through this? I emailed CBP 1-2 months ago but haven't received a response.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:41 pm
Suspended

You applied for GE 1-2 months ago but haven't heard back from them yet? Sounds like something went wrong.

Did the GE charge definitely show up on your Amex bill?
Old May 13, 2016, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
You applied for GE 1-2 months ago but haven't heard back from them yet? Sounds like something went wrong.

Did the GE charge definitely show up on your Amex bill?
I was approved for GE. There was some sort of confusion or delay, but it did get approved. The charge appeared on my Amex right away, but Amex says they need notification of approval. I guess I need to call Customs to find out how that could happen.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
There should be an approval letter in your goes website. You could print that and email it out?
Old May 15, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by SpicyMeatball
I have a corporate gold Amex, which was supposed to offer me reimbursement of the $100 Global Entry application fee if paid using the Amex card. I indeed paid with the card, but have not been reimbursed. I called Amex, who said that they need to be "notified" by US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) that my application was approved. Has anyone else gone through this? I emailed CBP 1-2 months ago but haven't received a response.
This sounds suspect to me, I highly doubt CBP has a mechanism in place to "notify" AmEx when a GE application paid with an AmEx card is approved. FWIW I paid for my brother's GE fee with my personal plat and got a statement credit within a week or two -- before he even got GE approval.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Right, this is the first time I've ever seen someone mention that Amex (or any other bank that offers a GE credit) asked for proof of approval. I bet this person simply ran into the wrong customer service rep. If he or she contacts Amex again and mentions the specific date of the GE fee charge, they'll probably get a credit issued.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:43 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SpicyMeatball
I have a corporate gold Amex, which was supposed to offer me reimbursement of the $100 Global Entry application fee if paid using the Amex card. ....
Originally Posted by bodiddely
This sounds suspect to me, ...
Originally Posted by jsk1973
...first time I've ever seen someone mention that Amex (or any other bank that offers a GE credit) asked for proof of approval.
Note that SpicyMeatball has a Corporate Gold card. The approval requirement may be something negotiated by the employer.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: DL FO
Applied for GE for two family members and used my recently received MB Amex Platinum for both $100 charges which posted separately on my account late last week. Two $100 "Card Member Benefit: Fee Credit" credits appeared today on my account ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.