When Hilton AMEX first received

Old Oct 19, 1999, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

When Hilton AMEX first received

For those of you who have the Hilton AMEX, do you recall if the HHonors Card came along with it, or did it take a while after for the HHonors card to come? The reason I ask is that I'll be heading to Vegas this weekend, and expect to receive my Hilton AMEX this week. If I receive my HHonors card on time, I think it would be worth my while to stay at one of the Hiltons. Otherwise, I'm just gonna book myself at Treasure Island.
Old Oct 20, 1999, 5:54 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Far more important is the account number being issued, rather than the card!
Old Oct 20, 1999, 9:35 am
pgupta011

If you have not received the card by the time of check in, open a HHonors account on check in at hotel, and later get the two accounts combined (and also ask for the Hilton Silver VIP bonus for hotel stay).

When I got my Hilton Optima they had issued me a new account number even though I wrote my existing HHonor number on the application. They were able to combine the two accounts.

Old Oct 20, 1999, 12:52 pm
Original Member

In order to obtain a Hilton AMEX card, you must already be an HHonors member. You might want to contact the Hilton Service Center at 800-548-8690 and find out what's happened to your HHonors card.
Old Oct 20, 1999, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
In Vegas, Hilton does not have great hotels. Flamingo is well located but pricy and, if you do get a good deal, be sure to ask for a room somewhat near the elevators. We were lost in the labyrinth. There are at least 2 additions and not enough elevators to serve them. Th LV Hilton is off the track so you would need a car to have fun. The best deal, I think, is MGM Grand at $59/night and AAdvantage points. Also half off coupons for buffet and show. Nicer hotel, well located, and has some terrific restaurants.

On a Hilton note, if you are married, be sure to get a HHonors Mutual Fund so you and spouse can combine miles, points, etc from any source.
Old Oct 20, 1999, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm curious about this MGM deal. Do you mean you get AAdvantage miles for staying there, or do you have to spend the miles to get that rate? Anyway, I guess it all comes down to whether or not my Hilton Optima card comes tomorrow, since I need to cancel my other reservations 72 hours prior, which is manana.
Old Oct 20, 1999, 7:22 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Actually I don't think so Mischief. PG's experience here was the same as mine and if I recall correctly my wife had the same problem- two accounts! They assume you are not a member and create a new one it seems- even when you tell them in advance that you alraedy are enrolled!
Old Oct 21, 1999, 11:26 am
pgupta011

If you are flexible on the hotel and want the best deal, you may want to try Priceline/Expedia hotel deals.

Old Oct 21, 1999, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Well, I guess this topic was for naught. I did not receive my Hilton Optima Card today, so I guess I won't be staying at the hilton. Treasure Island it is. Who knows, maybe I'll have better luck with the pirates... Thanks for the advice, though.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
A day late and a dollar short, but if you stay at MGM Grand you pay $59 and receive 500 AAdvantage points plus some coupons. Very nice hotel with excellent location and top restaurants.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.