Wiki Posts
Search

New partners. American?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 1998, 10:34 am
Original Member
Original Poster

New partners. American?

I was wondering that with the news that American and US Airways will soon be able to combine miles in each program for award redemption if that means I can redeem my Membership Rewards points into miles with US Airways and then redeem them for awards with American?
Old May 11, 1998, 3:42 pm
bryan at webflyer

This is forward thinking, but at present your Membership Rewards points won't get you awards on American. You certainly can turn MR points into US Airways miles, but, as of yet, the alliance between American and US Airways hasn't yielded anything definite in terms of frequent flyer program reciprocity. It will probably be until late summer before anything is finalized. For the record, AMEX officials want it known that their members will continue to accrue points in the same fashion as always; if new award options do become available because of airline alliances, all the better for frequent flyers. In the case you mention, if all goes well American and AMEX will not have to become 'official' partners for MR members to redeem points for American awards.

Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by MileMonitor
I was wondering that with the news that American and US Airways will soon be able to combine miles in each program for award redemption if that means I can redeem my Membership Rewards points into miles with US Airways and then redeem them for awards with American?
Good job. You predicted the merger 15 years in advance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.