Personal and Business AMEX conversion

Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Personal and Business AMEX conversion

Hi, can please anybody help?
I'm currently have person AMEX Platinum card, AMEX business SPG credit card, can anybody suggest a solution here so I can call AMEX to do it for me? I kinda want to switch both product around. I want to switch my personal platinum to person SPG, so I can continue earn the starpoint as quickly as possible which is my favorite, I want to switch my Business SPG to Business platinum, I want to enjoy the platinum benefit PLUS a additional Regus business lounge benefit which the personal platinum can NOT provide.
Can I just call AMEX to switch without having a hard pull to my credit report? it hurts when 2 switch means 2 pulls. At the mean time, I kinda "new" to each each product after switch, Can I still get the bonus sign up offer? ) lol~ I never had person SPG card, can I get a 25K spg bonus? I never had business platinum, can I get 25K MRP bonus? haha. Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate that!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FT.

Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:51 am

You are trying to switch between charge cards and revolving cards. AMEX usually won't let you do that. Even if you could, you typically won't get the bonus if you do a product change rather than a new application.

So I don't think you can do what you want.

I think the easiest thing to do is apply for the cards you want. That way you will get the bonuses. Then you can cancel the ones you don't want to keep.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:35 am

really? <<sos!>> on flyertalk this is usually reservered for someone stuck at an airport or flight problem that requires imediate attention. I suggest you follow the other suggestions
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved to American Express forum. Hyperbole removed from title.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:23 pm

I have a business Plat, and dropped it when the fees went up and went to a personal. I would not recommended the business Plat anymore. I would suggest that you keep your persaonal Plat and apply for the SPG personal and just use one for business and one for persoanl expenses. Regus card not worth it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

I apologize for this..

Originally Posted by Centurion
really? <<sos!>> on flyertalk this is usually reservered for someone stuck at an airport or flight problem that requires imediate attention. I suggest you follow the other suggestions
Thanks everybody, I will watch out the words of my post in the future, thanks for the help anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I have a business Plat, and dropped it when the fees went up and went to a personal. I would not recommended the business Plat anymore. I would suggest that you keep your persaonal Plat and apply for the SPG personal and just use one for business and one for persoanl expenses. Regus card not worth it.
Thank you so much for the response, really? I thought the only difference between personal and business platinum is the regus benefit, I really need the regus benefit since I will need it for my business anyway, plus amex business platinum member gets a discount buying any Regus product like virtual office, unlimited private office. etc.
I need starpoints, I need Regus benefit, I need platinum travel benefit (taking a shower in some airports, spg gold, baggage insurance, $200/yr airline credit, Hertz upgrade, etc.)
Please help,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.