Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
does total annual income on the app mean her personal income or household income?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:47 am

Lets me submit, with name.

It is possible to submit the offer by editing the url, and showing your correct name, without using the transactions of other customers as previously posted.

1) search for any flight, click through after selecting a flight.

2) check the box underneath in the credit card offer box, even if it is 30k. click next.

3) when the frame pops up, either right click to open in new tab, or right click to view source, then remove view-source: from address bar. don't hit enter yet.

4) edit the url as follows:

* change /U7-1000-xx to /U7-1000-46
* change offerType=defaultOffer to offerType=leadOffer
* add the following:

&pmcVendorCode=U7&additionalOffer=false&firstName= John&lastName=Smith&membershipNumber=222222222

edit that for your first/last name and skymiles number.

5) fill out the horribly coded form with just middle initial / name on card, etc.

6) on the next page it will show your first/last name properly and let you submit.

7) submit and see what happens.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:47 am
Used to be highman123

I can see the form incl. 'First Name' but when I click on it it changes to 'Middle Initial' and only allows one letter to be inputted. What am I doing wrong?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by kalametty
It is possible to submit the offer by editing the url, and showing your correct name, without using the transactions of other customers as previously posted.

2) check the box underneath in the credit card offer box, even if it is 30k. click next.

I can't see the credit card offer no matter what, even the 30k one. Any ideas? I'm logged in.

EDIT: Got it to work by logging out and doing this not logged in.

Thanks

Last edited by sayark; Sep 14, 2012 at 4:11 am
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:56 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by highman123
I can see the form incl. 'First Name' but when I click on it it changes to 'Middle Initial' and only allows one letter to be inputted. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks kalametty for the tutorial- I could see my name correctly on page2 - worked fine but got:

Thank you for applying! Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

Just got an email:

We are pleased to approve your application for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. We hope you'll continue to enjoy the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership. Your Card will arrive in the mail in 7 to 10 business days.

Last edited by MightyTravels; Sep 14, 2012 at 4:02 am
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by sayark
I can't see the credit card offer no matter what, even the 30k one. Any ideas? I'm logged in.
Log out and then try. Seems like if you already have any type of Delta card, you would not see the offer if you are logged in.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:19 am

3) when the frame pops up, either right click to open in new tab, or right click to view source, then remove view-source: from address bar. don't hit enter yet.

* add the following:

&pmcVendorCode=U7&additionalOffer=false&firstName= John&lastName=Smith&membershipNumber=222222222

5) fill out the horribly coded form with just middle initial / name on card, etc.

6) on the next page it will show your first/last name properly and let you submit.

Thanks, but everytime I tried to apply for the cc (even with the 30K offer), I got the following error:

"We're sorry, the system is down and we were unable to process your request at this time. "

Edit: Never mind, I followed the directions again and it worked this time. Got pending message... will see.

Last edited by koolr; Sep 14, 2012 at 5:21 am
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i hit submit and it's been "thinking" for about 5 minutes...wondering if its this terrible internet connection i'm on now. I tried checking the application status page and there is no record of an application. I guess try again when I get home?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
(redacted)

Last edited by emma dog; Sep 14, 2012 at 6:00 am
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:56 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
so close but so far away

Wow this would be great! I can see the 70k offer but applied for the SPG Amex card recently!

90 days from when I applied for the SPG card would be the end of Nov. Hopefully this offer is still around!!! Has anyone applied for another personal card prior to 90 days and been approved? If I were to try it what's the downside? A credit pull? Will it reset the 90 day clock?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:17 am

[QUOTE=amolkold;19312020]As someone else said, this is not close to BA 100K at all. BA 100K is possible to get many domestic awards out of because of BA's pricing and AA's availability. Delta 70K ... lucky to get 2 coach tickets.

Yeah, but you can book a US-Europe r/t ticket for 60k, pay only around $100 fees (as opposed to about $400 fees for B/A r/t), plus you get $100 statement credit and waived first annual fee. Pretty darn good.

QUOTE]
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:52 am

"We're sorry, the system is down and we were unable to process your request at this time."
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tailgater
Originally Posted by amolkold
As someone else said, this is not close to BA 100K at all. BA 100K is possible to get many domestic awards out of because of BA's pricing and AA's availability. Delta 70K ... lucky to get 2 coach tickets.
Yeah, but you can book a US-Europe r/t ticket for 60k, pay only around $100 fees (as opposed to about $400 fees for B/A r/t), plus you get $100 statement credit and waived first annual fee. Pretty darn good.
If your goal is Europe, you should be focusing on UA/Chase UR, not DL. Especially if you're not in an international hub with partner service.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

* add the following:

Worked like a charm, thanks - and great first post, welcome to FT!

As with another poster upthread, got the 14 day screen after submittal, but an email arrived shortly thereafter with an approval notification.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
If your goal is Europe, you should be focusing on UA/Chase UR, not DL.
Booked award ticket SMF-BLQ on Delta for 60K miles this February! I've booked several times award tix through Delta for Europe. Especially nice when it's code share AirFrance over the pond. Delta rocks!

Already have Chase UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.