Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by sanrivera
Thanks for the tip, fr33b12!!

Approved! (I also confirmed that the signup offer passed over correctly.)

What an awesome signup!! One of the best I've seen.

To help everyone else, here is the link:
www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite-framedapp/apply/delta-gold-skymiles-credit-card/U7-1000-46?offerType=leadOffer&pmcVendorCode=U7&additional Offer=false&firstName=JOHN&lastName=SMITH&membershipNumber=1234567890

Just change first name, last name and enter your skymiles account number! (Thanks to kalametty for the tip! It worked great!) I als recommend using Firefox as I was having issues with Internet Explorer.

My first post, btw. Thanks for the great info!
Thank you for posting your link up here. I couldn't get either Firefox or IE to behave for some reason. Just bolded the 3 parts that need changing to verify.

Awesome stuff!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
hi still trying to find out is this only available with the personal card? How about the business card? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
The statement credit is $100.

The Delta purchase that activates the credit can be of any amount, including a $2 in-flight snack.
I am wondering about the statement credit. Can a small inflight purchase really activate the $100 credit? The T&C indicate a delta.com purchase. Sorry, but, I don't have any experience with Delta. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by spermwhale
I just got the SPG Amex last month and I still got approved for this card. If you can handle the minimum spend on both cards, I don't think it should stop you.

Of course, your results might be different.
The spend is the issue, unfortunately. It would really just be nice to have 70k to augment the 50k I already have, but I guess I'll just have to wait for the next good offer.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
Applied for Amex spg on 09/03, got approved for this one toda
Thank you FT

MH
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:51 pm

Sadly, just upgraded myself a few days ago from gold to plat, then saw this. Can anyone confirm there might be a business version, or that someone in my position might still be able to succeed?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:05 pm

Apparently 2 of my family members already have a regular (non-Gold) Delta Amex that they never use. They converted a year ago from the Gold to avoid the annual fee. I know they can't try for this offer, but is there any reason for them to keep open the Delta Amex? Maybe they should cancel so they'll be eligible for any future offer in >90 days?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by birdboy
Apparently 2 of my family members already have a regular (non-Gold) Delta Amex that they never use. They converted a year ago from the Gold to avoid the annual fee. I know they can't try for this offer, but is there any reason for them to keep open the Delta Amex? Maybe they should cancel so they'll be eligible for any future offer in >90 days?
12 months not 90 days.

The new AMEX policy is, you cannot have same/similar AMEX card in prior 12 months in order to be eligible for a same/similar type of AMEX card. The wordings are on all AMEX card applications.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by PinnacleJew
Sadly, just upgraded myself a few days ago from gold to plat, then saw this. Can anyone confirm there might be a business version, or that someone in my position might still be able to succeed?
I did the same a month back.
Have applied for this offer and got approved.
However, getting approval for the card is one thing and getting the bonus is another
I am taking screen shots and will confirm the bonus while activating the card.
If they do not provide the bonus, probably wont activate it at all.

So YMMV. Just providing info. Take your own decision
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
12 months not 90 days.

The new AMEX policy is, you cannot have same/similar AMEX card in prior 12 months in order to be eligible for a same/similar type of AMEX card. The wordings are on all AMEX card applications.
Thanks. I guess I'll recommend they cancel now, at the expense of lowering the average age of their accounts. The only thing you get with the regular Delta Amex is 20% off in-flight purchases.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I got the PLT and the SPG about 30 days ago. I just applied for this and received he "under review" followed by the "good news" email 10 minutes later.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by lusity
I just applied using this link

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...mber=222222222

and changed the first and last name as well as the skymiles number. I didn't get an instant approval, but when I went to check my email not even 2 minutes later, I got the approved email! Yay! thank you everyone!
Thanks, this worked for me as well - already approved. As a DC based person, I find Delta points quite valuable! And, I'll probably get more points to upgrade to the MQM earning version shortly.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
I am wondering about the statement credit. Can a small inflight purchase really activate the $100 credit? The T&C indicate a delta.com purchase. Sorry, but, I don't have any experience with Delta. Thanks in advance.
That's a good question. I never considered that. Probably you have to book a flight, no? Or maybe there's something else! How about an upgrade meal or something? I'm bummed because I already have a Delta Gold AmEx! If you don't, then GET IT! These kind of deals are not to wait around for.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SMs& $100 Statement credit [targeted]

Folks everyone seems to be approved so far including me. Strange / fishy...

I hope the 70k offer goes thru!!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:35 pm

It is a little strange that everyone gets approved either by instant approved or a 14 days reveiw following an email confirmation of approval 10mins after the application......

Does someone who get dennied on this card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.