Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
Experian frozen and got approved for 3 Amex cards... looks like they soft pull?
really? hmm tempted to try
Old May 3, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Superorb
CC plus charge card is usually not a problem. I've gotten 1 CC and 2 charge cards all instantly approved on the same day before.
Well 3 months ago when I applied for Platinum Amex gave me the runaround requiring address verification with bank letterhead. The application is still showing as active on the Status Check but I never followed up on it as I was discouraged by others who said it's literally impossible to get a bank to issue you the letterhead.

Now a few months down the road the address verification doesn't seem to be an issue anymore and they approved both cards in a row. Go figure.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:34 pm

Has anyone EVER reported applying for 2 CREDIT cards on the same day and having them approved with 1 combined hard pull? I've done 2 charge and 1 credit card last year and all 3 were approved but I heard multiple credit cards on the same day triggers a 5 day hold at which point they pull the credit again when approving. Is that always the case? There are no charge cards for me right now and I want to apply for the Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday. I guess I will have to suck up the extra hit? I read about 1 guy calling recon and getting manual approval. Any more DP on that happening?

Last edited by killerz298; Jul 10, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by killerz298
Has anyone EVER reported applying for 2 CREDIT cards on the same day and having them approved with 1 combined hard pull? I've done 2 charge and 1 credit card last year and all 3 were approved but I heard multiple credit cards on the same day triggers a 5 day hold at which point they pull the credit again when approving. Is that always the case? There are no charge cards for me right now and I want to apply for the Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday. I guess I will have to suck up the extra hit? I read about 1 guy calling recon and getting manual approval. Any more DP on that happening?
My wife applied for Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday today 5 min apart and both were approved instantly and online account setup successfully. I don't know if one will gets cancelled later or will it be 2 HP.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by sbalasu3
My wife applied for Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday today 5 min apart and both were approved instantly and online account setup successfully. I don't know if one will gets cancelled later or will it be 2 HP.
How do people not know about AMEX's application procedures.

If you're already an AMEX customer and you're denied, it is NOT a hard pull. The people here should already know this.

If I see another person wondering if a denied app will be a hard pull, I'm gonna my hair out of my head.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
How do people not know about AMEX's application procedures.

If you're already an AMEX customer and you're denied, it is NOT a hard pull. The people here should already know this.

If I see another person wondering if a denied app will be a hard pull, I'm gonna my hair out of my head.
You may want to read what i said earlier. I said i was approved for 2 cards successfully applying each of them 5 min apart. So was wondering if both counts as a hard pull?.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by sbalasu3
You may want to read what i said earlier. I said i was approved for 2 cards successfully applying each of them 5 min apart. So was wondering if both counts as a hard pull?.
The second you're an AMEX card member, you're getting soft pull denials for applications after that.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In general, two inquiries from the same issuer on the same day will be consolidated by the credit bureau, but that's done by the bureau, not by the issuer.

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The second you're an AMEX card member, you're getting soft pull denials for applications after that.
sbalasu3 is reporting two approvals and asking if there were two inquiries. How is a statement about denials relevant?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:50 pm

Can one apply for 2 amex business cards (Business Gold & SPG business) the same day? If so, will the two inquiries be combined? Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by junks2010
Can one apply for 2 amex business cards (Business Gold & SPG business) the same day? If so, will the two inquiries be combined? Thanks
yes. business gold is charge card. spg business is credit card. amex hasnt HP me in a while (seems not to do that with existing customers), but same day pull should be combined by the CB
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
yes. business gold is charge card. spg business is credit card. amex hasnt HP me in a while (seems not to do that with existing customers), but same day pull should be combined by the CB
Thank you.
How about 2 credit cards (Everyday & SPG personal) on the same day (for another family member)?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by junks2010
Thank you.
How about 2 credit cards (Everyday & SPG personal) on the same day (for another family member)?
some people seem to have success in getting two credit cards in one day. but i think the more prevalent DP is that the first credit card will get approve on Day X, while the second one will get reviewed/approved on Day X+5 , which means these will incur separate pulls

for me, i usually prefer spacing out my Amex credit card apps. this is bc of Amex's 2/90 rule (2 credit card in past 90 days). so if you apply for both at the same time, and a few days or weeks later Amex suddenly launch an attractive credit card, then you will have to wait till your 90 days is over before you can apply for another credit card again
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
some people seem to have success in getting two credit cards in one day. but i think the more prevalent DP is that the first credit card will get approve on Day X, while the second one will get reviewed/approved on Day X+5 , which means these will incur separate pulls

for me, i usually prefer spacing out my Amex credit card apps. this is bc of Amex's 2/90 rule (2 credit card in past 90 days). so if you apply for both at the same time, and a few days or weeks later Amex suddenly launch an attractive credit card, then you will have to wait till your 90 days is over before you can apply for another credit card again
Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Pleased as punch;
accepted [Delta] Platinum personal + [Delta] Platinum Busn instantly;
applied just now in that order separated by ~5 minutes;
had Gold personal + busn in 2015, cancelled within yr
to avoid second AFs;
due to tighter cc bonus rules industry-wide, these were
first cc applies since 3/2017 IHG & citi HHonors successes...

Last edited by mia; Oct 25, 2017 at 1:30 pm Reason: Inserted [Delta] for context
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:22 pm

Today wife was approved for PRG 50k, Green 25k, and Ameriprise 25k cards in quick succession. All charge cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.