Old May 3, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mm1984
Applied and instantly approved for the business card. Wondering if i should apply to plat now or wait.
Have had both instantly approved applying on the same day in the past. As always YMMV.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by PHX392
Have had both instantly approved applying on the same day in the past. As always YMMV.
Thanks!
I did the same thing, and got the second one instantly approved too ! ^
Did you get one hard credit inquiry or two? I wonder when credit karma will show the hard credit inquiries.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:57 am

Thanks!
Did you get one hard credit inquiry or two? I wonder when credit karma will show the hard credit inquiries.
If Amex pulls from Transunion in your geographical area, your inquiries will sho w on Credit Karma on the next day at the latest. If it does not pull from Transunion, the inquiries will not show on Credit Karma.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:14 am

I can't find a clear answer anywhere. Is it possible to get approved for a personal and a business Amex on the same day?

If so, how?
- 2 browsers technic?
- call reconsideration line the same day?

From what I've read it looks like if you apply for 2 cards (1 personal & 1 business), Amex may apply one, but will impose 4-5 days before approving the second one, which results in 2 inquiries instead of 1.

Note: I found this guy who was approved for 1 personal and 1 business on the same day, but he was targeted. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-2k-spend.html
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by etilyeti
If Amex pulls from Transunion in your geographical area, your inquiries will sho w on Credit Karma on the next day at the latest. If it does not pull from Transunion, the inquiries will not show on Credit Karma.
Ok well I dont see anything yet. WIll report later
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:37 am

I have never been offered a 100k point for platinum yet. Still waiting for that offer
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Thanks!
One
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:23 pm

Is it possible to apply for Amex Platinum BIZ and SPG Biz cards same day?

I'm curious if the post title is possible. Anyone had success getting both applications approved? If not same day, how long would you wait between them?

I tried searching for this but didn't have any luck. Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And does the 5-day rule apply if you're applying for one charge card and one credit card, and in that case does the order matter?
I have this situation now. Anyone know the answer?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:39 pm

My SO actually applied a platinum card & a blue card on the same day this month. Blue was approved immediately online, but had to call in to get the platinum approved. The application order was platinum first, and the the blue.

Only one hard pull with 2 cards approved on 2 different days.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I have a data point for my question. Applied for PRG (charge card) and Hilton Surpass (credit card) within minutes, in that order. Instant approval on both. This is after getting BGR earlier this month.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi Everyone, about to apply for two business open card or 1 business 1 personal cards. Just wonder which order should I apply in the same day to get one HP? Should I apply one in the morning, call in to get it approved and then apply again later in the day?

My previou experience is that if I apply for two cards on the same day, the second application will be placed on hold for 5 days so it seems there's no way for 1 HP for 2 same-day applications or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help or hints or sharing your data point. Good luck and have a great weekend!
Old May 30, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
My previou experience is that if I apply for two cards on the same day, the second application will be placed on hold for 5 days so it seems there's no way for 1 HP for 2 same-day applications or did I do something wrong?
It varies. IME, most of the times, the 2nd app gets on hold. My data points within this month:
Business credit and business charge: OK, approved same day
Business credit and personal credit: OK 1 time, not OK 1 time.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, about to apply for two business open card or 1 business 1 personal cards. Just wonder which order should I apply in the same day to get one HP? Should I apply one in the morning, call in to get it approved and then apply again later in the day?

Thanks for any help or hints or sharing your data point. Good luck and have a great weekend!
My data point from late May:
applied first (in incognito session): Amex Delta Business credit card, instantly approved
applied second (in another incognito session, few minutes later): Amex Premier Gold Rewards personal charge card, instantly approved
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I now have 8 cards for the offers )

Last edited by mhdena; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.