Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Majuki
I've not used the showers in the Centurion Lounge at DFW in awhile, but I've never heard of a 15-minute time limit. That's barely enough time for a shower.
I've had this requested in SFO, but not in DFW and I've used the latter's showers a number of times.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Majuki
I've not used the showers in the Centurion Lounge at DFW in awhile, but I've never heard of a 15-minute time limit. That's barely enough time for a shower.
Right. I am going to report this communication on the website that asks for feedback.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I used this club twice in the past week, including for a shower

There was a sign noting the 15 minute policy, but no staff warning ... I took 20+ mins -- it's a nicely done bathroom, first time using it

This was on Weds afternoon - the club was packed, on checkin, I was behind a family that was trying to get in using a standby voucher - the check-in desk asked for clarification, and learned that one of the adults was an airline employee, and only one of the family members had flown that day (and had a boarding pass) ... end result was the all left without getting in
Old May 6, 2018, 8:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a pleasant visit here this Sunday from 11:15 to Noon. Breakfast foods were out when I arrived:

And then around 11:45 they brought out lunch:

The lunch food was incredible, the pork loin, Navajo Flatbread, creamed corn and mashed potatoes are probably the best CL food I've had so far. The bartender also made a good Kir Royale and the lounge was nicely not that crowded. I had no trouble getting a table when I arrived.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
The lunch food was incredible, the pork loin, Navajo Flatbread, creamed corn and mashed potatoes are probably the best CL food I've had so far. The bartender also made a good Kir Royale and the lounge was nicely not that crowded. I had no trouble getting a table when I arrived.
They had the mashed potatoes and creamed corn when I was there a couple weeks ago, but bison meatloaf in lieu of the pork you had. I agree it was all delicious.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by CMK10
I had a pleasant visit here this Sunday from 11:15 to Noon. Breakfast foods were out when I arrived:
I arrived there just a bit after you did. I agree that it was a great lunch! There was a line to the escalators to check in and the place started filling up though.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
In here right now (8 pm Monday), and the food is just as pictured and described as CMK10 above. They also have a pretty good tart/crumble for dessert and there was no wait to take a shower when I arrived either. Lounge is busy, but plenty of tables available.

In other news the only Priority Pass lounge, The Club at DFW, has relocated from its former home in the shared lounge complex to an odd space at the bottom of the escalator that appears that it used to be a restaurant.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:15 pm

Any updates regarding moving to the larger space? Wiki up top says around mid-2018 so it should be in the next few months.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by GiantCow
Any updates regarding moving to the larger space? Wiki up top says around mid-2018 so it should be in the next few months.
Also wondering about this... especially since the AC is closed for the rest of the year.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics

Also wondering about this... especially since the AC is closed for the rest of the year.
Anyone have an update on the expanded lounge? Has anyone been there recently to see if it looks close to opening or ask the people at the front desk?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

I have a trip in 2 weeks where I plan to investigate. I'm guessing that the lack of responses indicates updates have NOT been completed.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The move to the new Lounge is hoped to be in late September.

There is signage around the entrance to the new Lounge. It is across from Starbucks. It's visible from the existing lounge by looking down to the right (south) from the end of the inside (east) windows.
econometrics likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I have been to the Centurion Lounge DFW probably 50 times since it’s opening, but it had been 2-3 months before my most recent visit on July 12. I knew it had become increasingly overcrowded, but what an epic disaster this was. Standing room only, with folks camped out on the floor in hallways and common areas and dirty dishes stacked up the the men’s room sink. Food plates and silverware holders ran empty and the crowd at the bar was consistently three deep. Because of a canceled flight, I actually visited twice in the space of five hours, and it was equally bad on both occasions. If I were an AMEX executive I would be appalled at what has happened to this place. One hopes the expansion will help but that’s no excuse for the conditions that day.

Last edited by dpb132; Jul 20, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by dpb132
I have been to the Centurion Lounge DFW probably 50 times since it’s opening, but it had been 2-3 months before my most recent visit on July 12. I knew it had become increasingly overcrowded, but what an epic disaster this was. Standing room only, with folks camped out on the floor in hallways and common areas and dirty dishes stacked up the the men’s room sink. Food plates and silverware holders ran empty and the crowd at the bar was consistently three deep. Because of a canceled flight, I actually visited twice in the space of five hours, and it was equally bad on both occasions. If I were an AMEX executive I would be appalled at what has happened to this place. One hopes the expansion will help but that’s not excuse for the conditions that day.
Most likely, the closure of the Admiral’s Club has led to even more traffic pressure on the Amex Lounge. With the opening of the expanded space, and the new Flagship Lounge & Club at DFW space, the overcrowding will lament.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Uh-oh. DFW Centurion closed for repairs July 24th - Aug. 14th.
No word on the new, larger lounge opening date yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.