Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
AMEX Club coming mid October 2013 to DFW Terminal D

My first visit, and I am impressed. Everything I love about the LAS lounge can be found here, as well. Breakfast items look decent, although after a big breakfast at the Grand Hyatt, I passed. I did partake of The Balvenie 12 they are pouring in the bar, though!

At 9:00am, there were only another 8-10 guests, so much more civilized and relaxed than the Terminal D AC. This will definitely be my go-to lounge when transiting DFW in the future.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Shh...Don't tell anybody

This lounge puts all others to shame. High-end cocktails and wine, excellent food (that's free by the way), attentive staff, comfortable chairs, luggage lockers, and a built in spa.

I've only experienced Admiral's clubs & Skylounges, and those don't even come close to the Centurion Club. Glad this is in my home airport. Finally I will take the TSA's advice and get to the airport 2 hours before my departure.

Seriously it's a real gem, not sure what happens as more people find out about it though. I doesn't have nearly the space of a typical airline club.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I'm here right now and I am VERY impressed. Clearly the best lounge in the USA. Just ate, and the food was fantastic. Have a spa appointment in 15 minutes for a massage, and then I'll try a couple cocktails before my flight. Seriously, if you're in DFW, its worth stopping in.

FWIW, my welcome gift was a bartending book and a jar of BBQ spice.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by callmedtop
FWIW, my welcome gift was a bartending book and a jar of BBQ spice.
Oooh. They changed it. Can I presume that you're a Platinum card holder and not Centurion?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Oooh. They changed it. Can I presume that you're a Platinum card holder and not Centurion?
Yup, a lowly Plat. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon for a quick bite so we'll see if I'll get another welcome gift, but I assume it flags the system after you've been there once.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Yup, a lowly Plat. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon for a quick bite so we'll see if I'll get another welcome gift, but I assume it flags the system after you've been there once.
Do all plats get a welcome gift? I did not receive anything last week..
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, UA
Surpasses most Domestic Lounges

I had a 2 hour layover at DFW so I took the skylink from A to D to visit the Centurion Lounge using the Platinum card. The complimentary services were impressive.

• Excellent Food: Gourmet tex-mex (no surprise) which was delicious and served in smaller kettles so that it is replenished often
  • Quality Drinks: Best margarita I've had in awhile; not the watered-down 'happy hour' version that some places serve
  • Spa Services: 15-20 minute facials, back/shoulder massages, manicures
  • Fast Wi-Fi: get the code at the check-in desk

The front desk will not make change so I made sure to have cash to tip the friendly and accommodating staff in the dining area and spa. i also received the bartending book and BBQ spice rub welcome gift. Enjoy!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Do all plats get a welcome gift? I did not receive anything last week..
That's what I presumed... but was never explicitly told that. I also don't know how long they will do it, because my amenity was prefaced with "Since we just opened..."
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
That's what I presumed... but was never explicitly told that. I also don't know how long they will do it, because my amenity was prefaced with "Since we just opened..."
Was just there yesterday, for the second time, and saw a Plat in front of us receive a welcome amenity bag. We didn't get one; I presume because it was our second time already.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Was just there yesterday, for the second time, and saw a Plat in front of us receive a welcome amenity bag. We didn't get one; I presume because it was our second time already.
recieved L'Octtaine gift bag on our first visit last thursday. there service was very good (alsmost too attentive, but we were one of the few folks in there). good food/wine. very nice place.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by envgeo
Quote:

Originally Posted by infamousdx

recieved L'Octtaine gift bag on our first visit last thursday. there service was very good (alsmost too attentive, but we were one of the few folks in there). good food/wine. very nice place.
When I was there on Friday, I was offered the L'Occitaine gift bag, which was the same gift I received at the LAS opening. I did not want to lug it all the way to Asia and back, so I turned it down.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Took in a guest and both of us received the gift bags. Nice lounge, good food and drinks. My wife liked the manicure and facials offered.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold
DFW Lounge

Visited last week as UK Plat, no gift offered.

Nice clean lounge, very attentive staff - could do with better food options IMHO. I arrived BA flight into D gates and departed AA flight from A gates and it was very easy to move between terminals - from Lounge to A gates 15 mins total.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FQTVBOB
...could do with better food options IMHO....
Do you mean a wider range of choices -or- that the items you tried were not of satisfactory quality?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:40 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean a wider range of choices -or- that the items you tried were not of satisfactory quality?
Or that our British friends do not fully appreciate the magic of Tex-Mex food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.