Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I hope so, and I think it would make a lot of business sense given the number of business and international travelers that pass through there. Screw the UC with all their changes recently.
exactlyl ! amex can stick it to United ..it does make perfect sense for that hub. this is one thing i hate about my platinum since IAH is my hub. i joined a year after continental merged with United so i never had access to the club at IAH. At least they recently added the Swiss ( i believe) lounge to priority select on the international terminal.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:28 pm

I asked several employees at the AMEX DFW lounge, and they said Amex wants to open these in all the major hubs.

Interesting if true.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
In
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
exactlyl ! amex can stick it to United ..it does make perfect sense for that hub. this is one thing i hate about my platinum since IAH is my hub. i joined a year after continental merged with United so i never had access to the club at IAH. At least they recently added the Swiss ( i believe) lounge to priority select on the international terminal.
Yeah, the KLM lounge in terminal D joined priority pass back in May or June according to the employees there. I've actually been there twice in the past week on my way through! It's far nicer than any of the UCs there and better booze and food.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Nice! Great gift for Centurions. As a Platinum card holder, we got some nicely stocked L'Occitane amenity kits.
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
can you post a pic of your gift ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Here was my Gift

[IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/IMG]
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AS 100K
PICTURES

Meant to get to this earlier, but life got in the way. The AMEX Centurion lounge at DFW is easily one of the best lounges I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Between the superb food selection, cool cocktails and free spa services, this may be the best lounge in the continental U.S.

Entrance

The entrance is indeed a bit difficult to make out. When in doubt, look up. The sign is way above the bottom of the escalator

The sign at the top of the escalator is pretty spiffy.

Seating Area

The seating area has a very modern look that, if I were to guess, is a bit inspired by 1970s Dallas. This is one of several seating areas; I didn't photograph every single one.

Buffet

Unfortunately, this was the only image I managed to capture of the buffet area. As you can see, there is a ton of fresh fruit options with which you can make a fruit salad or combine with yogurt.

I did get a pic of one of the tacos and a muffin. Both were outstanding, but I loved the spinach, onion and cheese taco. The frittata and French toast was also available, along with a variety of coffees.

Bar

They were still waiting on provisioning for a few of the more exotic drinks on the menu, so I settled for a Country Club. It was wonderfully refreshing and had just a hint of sweetness.

Dining Area

Plenty of space to enjoy oneself on this Sunday morning.

Work Area

A few iMacs and a bunch of power outlets available here.

Restroom

The mens' restroom was very nicely decorated and had L'Occitane soap and lotion products.

Spa Entrance

I didn't think to photograph the inside of the spa, but it is arguably the nicest feature of the lounge. Free fifteen minute amenities include facials, massages and manicures. Since the massages were booked through till my departure, I opted for the manicure. I'd never had one before and found it to be pretty relaxing. Apparently a lot of business types have manicures before going to a meeting. The nail guy, John, was absolutely wonderful and I still feel horrible for not having any cash to tip him. I will take care of him next time. If you do plan to visit the spa, please do tip your spa professional! That is, assuming they do a good job; John was superb.

The best aspects of this lounge? Well, first of all, everything is free. You won't pay a dime for anything unless you decide to tip your spa professional. But, on top of that, the service was beyond reproach. A very happy and professional staff made sure that every need I possibly had was seen to. AMEX seems to treat their lounge employees quite well and that positive work environment shows in their hard and soft product. Finally, the food and beverage are remarkably good. There is also a ton of whole fruit of many varieties scattered throughout the lounge.

Sunday morning was very, very light w/r/t the number of customers, so I'd really recommend it as a time to visit. However, you should visit any time you come through DFW because it is truly one of the best lounges I've ever visited. Perhaps the Thai F lounge in BKK rivals it, as does the MEL QF F lounge. But these are international F lounges I'm comparing the Centurion lounge to. Domestically, no comparison. AMEX has a real winner here.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:29 am

wow ! thank you for posting the pics ! it does seem very nice. i can't wait to go through DFW to go there. too bad the lounge wasn't open when i passed there in July but i look forward for next time.

this will defenitly add value to my amex plat card !

Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
PICTURES

Meant to get to this earlier, but life got in the way. The AMEX Centurion lounge at DFW is easily one of the best lounges I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Between the superb food selection, cool cocktails and free spa services, this may be the best lounge in the continental U.S.

Entrance
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I'm annoyed... Annoyed I did not see this thread earlier!! I had a 3 hour layover in dfw and stayed in the crowded Terminal D AC... It wasn't until I approached my boarding gate, I saw the signs for the centurion lounge.. Shot in, looked around and was very impressed.. Kicking myself for not spending the 3 hours in the centurion lounge instead! I think I route through dfw in a couple of weeks, so I'll make it a point to stop in for a more in depth analysis!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Oh, another neat thing not pointed out? They have lockers for your luggage!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by nyc2socal
Oh, another neat thing not pointed out? They have lockers for your luggage!
Indeed they do! I didn't get a chance to take pics, but the MommyPoints review covers it pretty well.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by mia
This has changed . ^
Thanks!

Looks like I will be keeping my Plat card
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:25 am

Thanks for the pics! I will be checking it out next weekend and will report back. ^
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Stopped by for the first time earlier this evening. I only had 15~ minutes inside, but I was impressed with the staff and the bar/buffet. Plenty of time to grab a quick snack and drink before boarding my flight home.

If only more of my flights departed from D.. I'd spend a lot more time in the club!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MPO Gold, Presidents Choice Gourmet Coffee, Flying Blue, Flying Club
Looks pretty sweet! Is it accessible for all AMEX Plat cardholders regardless of where the card was issued?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Originally Posted by karaokequeen3
Looks pretty sweet! Is it accessible for all AMEX Plat cardholders regardless of where the card was issued?
Yes. All AMEX Plat cardholders get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.