Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Not sure an Amex is gonna get you in a Capital One lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Not sure an Amex is gonna get you in a Capital One lounge.
It's a Capital One-branded lounge operated by Plaza Premium Group. Platinum Card Members enjoy complimentary access to Plaza Premium lounges worldwide. It remains to be seen what the admission policy will be for this lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by dayone
It's a Capital One-branded lounge operated by Plaza Premium Group. Platinum Card Members enjoy complimentary access to Plaza Premium lounges worldwide. It remains to be seen what the admission policy will be for this lounge.
I could see the Amex cards being excluded similar to how they aren't accepted at the Priority Pass restaurants. I'd love to see the ability to access though given the DFW CL is always packed. However, there are currently 3 other options available at DFW which is nice.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:37 pm

I could see the Amex cards being excluded similar to how they aren't accepted at the Priority Pass restaurants. I'd love to see the ability to access though given the DFW CL is always packed. However, there are currently 3 other options available at DFW which is nice.
It's reasonable to expect that Amex Plat cards won't be accepted, but one can hope. I do wonder what the revenue model is for C1, since so many of their cards are no- or low-fee. I'm sure that they will make a deal to serve J passengers on some of the international airlines that depart from terminal D.

The DFW CL is consistently overrun and under resourced. Any alternative that reduces demand would be a good thing.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Anyone been here lately for the 5-8pm INTL departure bank?

Flying QR this coming week and wondering if I should just hit the AC instead if the CL will be too busy.

Not planning on eating, as I have 15 hours in Q-Suite for that.
kirkwoodj and wakesetter93 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:54 am

Flagship Lounge should be back open, I'd head for that and skip the AC/Centurion lounges.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:04 pm

Flagship Lounge should be back open, I'd head for that and skip the AC/Centurion lounges.
Still closed in DFW, unless they announced something today?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Still closed in DFW, unless they announced something today?
Unfortunately it looks like you're correct. The AA press release said the DFW FL would open "Sometime this Fall" a few months back and considering it is almost November I figured they would have reopened it.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:21 pm

Unfortunately it looks like you're correct. The AA press release said the DFW FL would open "Sometime this Fall" a few months back and considering it is almost November I figured they would have reopened it.
I had the same optimistic hope. I just don't see why it's not open at this point. Most of AA's INTL flying is "back" from DFW. QR even has 2x daily flights now. And TX sure does not have any issues with COVID limitations. 😂

A colleague of mine flew DFW-LHR on BA last Thurs night and said it was quite busy at terminal D, too. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:29 pm

The airports in TX have been packed for months, flown through DAL/DFW multiple times and they have always been busy no matter what time of day.
econometrics likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Sitting in the lounge now. Absolutely packed, and the line for the Buffett was about 20-people deep for about an hour around lunch time. The Flagship lounge can't open soon enough. Still, the food and drink beat anything else on offer here lounge-wise in DFW right now.
econometrics likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:10 pm

The CL is definitely the best from a F/B perspective, but since I've shifted most of my flying to DL I don't even bother with the trek to D unless I have a long time before my flight.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:22 pm

The buffet is back to self-service.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
The buffet is back to self-service.
This is a positive change, that attendant was SLOW
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:40 pm

that attendant was SLOW
So are the couples that now discuss each food option with each other before making a selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.