Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in for my first visit to the new lounge last weekend. It was nice to find the lounge only semi crowded.

The app says the entrance is near D12 but I think it's actually closer to D13

I like the open space concept and found it more light and airy than a lot of the lounges which seem to be a collection of small rooms. Definitely an improvement.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CMK10
The app says the entrance is near D12 but I think it's actually closer to D13
Because of the layout of Terminal D, description of gate proximity is often approximate.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
In the lounge right now. Fairly crowded so good that there is extra space. Dean Fearing is in the lounge doing a meet and greet and handing out items from his new line of southwestern sauces.
oopl likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Quite enjoyable, staff very nice. Only downside is that they were slow on transitioning from breakfast to lunch, didn't get to see or try.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Luggage storage

Hi, I have an upcoming long layover and I am planning on going to the city but I would like to know if there are lockers available since I've read different things. I arrive in the morning and my flight leaves at night.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:26 am

Ws there on the 14th. Had a sign out that due to capacity, they would only accept platinum cards within three hours of flight departure.
Was pretty crowded but they had a seat at the bar and bloody Mary's which is what I was looking for
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:30 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by limeyx
Ws there on the 14th. Had a sign out that due to capacity, they would only accept platinum cards within three hours of flight departure.
What time of day? Early/late afternoon? Evening?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by dayone
What time of day? Early/late afternoon? Evening?
Arrived at the lounge 5PM. Left around 6PM for a flight at A-gates
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A few posts have been removed. Please discuss American Express products, policies and practices, not other members.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Here right now, got here 1125am... Long line to get in, no spa appointments available, and minimal tables available.

30 minutes later and cleared out significantly
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Here right now, got here 1125am... Long line to get in, no spa appointments available, and minimal tables available.

30 minutes later and cleared out significantly
Back again for my return flight home...
-Sign is back up and being enforced for flyers coming more than 3 hours early
-Was able to book a spa treatment for my wife 90 minutes away
-Lounge is not as packed as last week
-Same menu, which was great (chicken, corn chowder, polenta, mashed potatoes)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
arriving early am tomorrow, hope they let me in....
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Various
Was there on Weds afternoon and it was busy, but not overly packed with some tables free. The sign was outside about the 3 hour rule for Platinum customers.

Staff were very friendly and courteous, had a quick chat with the lounge manager as he helped with the conference room for me and my two colleagues so we could do some conference calls. My colleagues definitely enjoyed the food on offer!
Old May 4, 2019, 7:48 pm

Saturday evening

Was busy, I'd say close to 80% capacity. Fantastic staff were hustling keeping the place running smoothly. Great drink menu and bartender. Overheard that spa and manicures were booked up.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Thursday, late afternoon. PACKED. Completely not-relaxing miserable experience. Waited in the 10-deep buffet line, wolfed down my food, and escaped the hell out. AmEx has got to do something to fix the crowding, access is no longer a perk but a curse if you try to use it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.