Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Using my Platinum card I know I can bring in 2 guests. Can I also buy a 1 day pass for a 3rd person? Thanks
Is there a fee for Amex Plat cards to enter?
LAS there was/ is a fee.

Thanks,

WT
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
LAS there was/ is a fee.
This has changed . ^
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sitting in the Centurion Lounge at D Concourse of DFW as I type this. This is a gorgeous space. Staff it attentive but not intrusive. Very reasonable wine selection and all beverages are complementary. Food does certainly have a kick but it's real locally produced food.

You do have to look for the signs and then take a not overly marked elevator up 1 floor to get to it.

Since it's only the 2nd day of operation, L'Occitane gift bags are being handed out.

A definite winner
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
What gate is it next to?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
So, bottom line: other than direct access to good AA agents, and time permitting, is there any reason to go to an Admiral's Club instead of the AmEx lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG gold, PC Plat, Delta GM, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
What gate is it next to?
It is located near gate D17. You can see the information about the lounge at http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW/about

I will be there tomorrow and Friday. Excited to finally have a great lounge in the USA ^^
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:23 am

FT user Skyvanman wrote that there will be one in SFO opening next summer. He found out from someone he talked to at a UA event there recently. Hoping he's right. Would love to have a lounge there

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
So, bottom line: other than direct access to good AA agents, and time permitting, is there any reason to go to an Admiral's Club instead of the AmEx lounge?
JFrom all the reviews I've read, no. My only concern is that these lounges will be very busy

Last edited by mia; Oct 17, 2013 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891

JFrom all the reviews I've read, no. My only concern is that these lounges will be very busy
That has not been my experience at all in LAS, but I suspect you may be right about DFW.

Last edited by mia; Oct 17, 2013 at 9:06 am Reason: Repair formatting
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Flying lufthansa F next Sunday out of dfw, 5 pm, and want to spend a few hours in the lounge. Will be arriving at dfw in the morning, before the lufthansa check in counters open. Booked on united points, so I can't get my boarding passes on united.com b/c it's an international flight. How can I get my boarding passes to get through security into the lounge that far ahead of time? Thx for your advice.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:49 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Flying lufthansa F next Sunday out of dfw, 5 pm, and want to spend a few hours in the lounge. Will be arriving at dfw in the morning, before the lufthansa check in counters open. Booked on united points, so I can't get my boarding passes on united.com b/c it's an international flight. How can I get my boarding passes to get through security into the lounge that far ahead of time? Thx for your advice.
You may still be able to check in on lufthansa.com (may need to call United and get your Lufthansa PNR, which is not the same as your United PNR, or just use your ticket number)? That would certainly be easiest.

Are you flying into DFW and then taking a connecting flight (not clear if you're arriving in DFW by flight or car)? Obviously if you're flying in then you can just stay airside and take the inter-terminal train to terminal D, hang out in the lounge as long as you like, and then go out of security later in the day to check in with Lufthansa. You may also be able to just check in at the Lufthansa gate, though I'm not sure at what time they would start having someone manning that gate, and it might not be until after the cut-off time for check-in.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm not flying into dfw, I'm driving. Thx, for your suggestion about the lufthansa pnr. I'll try that, unless someone else has a better suggestion. But thx!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am in the lounge right now. Centurion member my entry gift was a Jambox wireless speaker. Pretty sweet. The lounge is incredible. Leagues above the vegas lounge which I have been to 5 times already. Peeked at the spa which is a great size and really nice. Since I fly out of DFW 3-4 times a month at minimum I am one satisfied member. Improved my view of the program by 50%. I will be here often. It must be double the size of the Vegas lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
FT user Skyvanman wrote that there will be one in SFO opening next summer. He found out from someone he talked to at a UA event there recently. Hoping he's right. Would love to have a lounge there
Hmm... if it's not in the new Terminal 3 Pier E then I bet it's in the International Terminal or the old part of Terminal 3. Putting it in 1 or 2 just doesn't make sense (and I haven't seen any construction nor know of any space).
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Hmm... if it's not in the new Terminal 3 Pier E then I bet it's in the International Terminal or the old part of Terminal 3. Putting it in 1 or 2 just doesn't make sense (and I haven't seen any construction nor know of any space).
IIRC they mentioned the location was to be in T3 closer to G boarding area. I could not get this confirmed by multiple sources though because we ran out of time, everything on my blog was confirmed by multiple sources though.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by skyvanman
IIRC they mentioned the location was to be in T3 closer to G boarding area. I could not get this confirmed by multiple sources though because we ran out of time, everything on my blog was confirmed by multiple sources though.
Cool. Thanks for the insider info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.