Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
This might explain some rumors of American Express and AA parting ways very soon. I hope not.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Just found out that the next Centurion Lounge opens in the D gates at DFW in 5 days (October 15). Also heard that BWI is potentially in the running.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Centurion Lounge at LAS

USA Today has an article announcing the DFW Centurion lounge opens on 10/15. Great news, will definitely check it out before my upcoming trip to ICN. Maybe this will get AA to step up their game in Terminal D, and create an IFL.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:51 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by b8b
A little bird told me DFW is the next location to get a Centurion lounge (in 2013), followed by NYC (JFK?) then SFO...
Well, it appears my source was right about the first one, but he didn't seem so sure on the others... any bets on the second and third?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by b8b
Well, it appears my source was right about the first one, but he didn't seem so sure on the others... any bets on the second and third?
I'm doubtful about SFO because the three domestic terminals (not to mention the international one) are not connected airside. So any new lounge is limited in the volume it can serve. DFW is a great choice because all the terminals are linked very conveniently airside. Getting to the new lounge regardless of where your flight leaves is fairly easy.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:41 am

Using my Platinum card I know I can bring in 2 guests. Can I also buy a 1 day pass for a 3rd person? Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:00 am

JFK T4 seems like it would be a pretty ideal place for one since there are a bunch of international airlines + Delta flying out of there. Sure, there's access to a lounge there via PP and the DL SkyClub, but they could make something really special if they wanted. Unless it would be an issue that it would fill up too quickly b/c too many people going through?

I think "The Lounge" closed, so maybe there's even space there for a new lounge!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Just found out that the next Centurion Lounge opens in the D gates at DFW in 5 days (October 15). Also heard that BWI is potentially in the running.
I have no way of knowing for sure but BWI seems extremely unlikely...not a particularly important airport and already has a recently-opened Airspace Lounge, which prominently advertises that Amex Platinum gets you in. Perhaps a more likely outcome would be for Amex to take over Airspace, if they're serious about getting into the lounge business, though it looks like (no firsthand experience) the product standards of Airspace are somewhat lower than those of the Centurion Lounges, though still above typical domestic airline lounges.

Originally Posted by aa4ever
JFK T4 seems like it would be a pretty ideal place for one since there are a bunch of international airlines + Delta flying out of there. Sure, there's access to a lounge there via PP and the DL SkyClub, but they could make something really special if they wanted. Unless it would be an issue that it would fill up too quickly b/c too many people going through?

I think "The Lounge" closed, so maybe there's even space there for a new lounge!
There's lots of unused space in JFK T4 just past the new security checkpoint, in the upper level area which used to be landside and where several lounges are / have been, so that's certainly possible. If Amex is trying to reduce payments to airline lounge partners perhaps T8 is also a target, though I'm not sure if there's any space in T8.

I wonder if we will see Amex start offering these lounges as contract lounges to carriers flying into these airports. I could see carriers like QR at T8 and EY at T4 wanting to offer something more like the Centurion Lounge to their premium passengers rather than the Admirals' Club or a generic contract lounge respectively. Likewise with EK and possibly others at DFW, and perhaps VS at LAS.

Last edited by bgriff; Oct 15, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: Amex centurion / plat / DL diamond / Hilton HHonors
Thumbs up visited DFW Lounge

I've visited the DFW Lounge...it was by far the best lounge in the USA!! Agents, food and the layout was nice.... BTW... SPA is included with your stay!!! Facials, manicure and massage ... just keep in mind you must show up early to book your SPA. What I've heard, you can only book it the day of your visit and its first come first serve... Also for my fellow Centurion members... just go right up to the counter where you will see "Priority Check-in".... this is a special line for Centurion ... I hope everyone will say the same ... DFW LOUNGE .. is far better than any US Lounges^
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Originally Posted by world4me
I've visited the DFW Lounge...it was by far the best lounge in the USA!! Agents, food and the layout was nice.... BTW... SPA is included with your stay!!! Facials, manicure and massage ... just keep in mind you must show up early to book your SPA. What I've heard, you can only book it the day of your visit and its first come first serve... Also for my fellow Centurion members... just go right up to the counter where you will see "Priority Check-in".... this is a special line for Centurion ... I hope everyone will say the same ... DFW LOUNGE .. is far better than any US Lounges
I have a trip to Dallas at the end of the month so I can't wait to try this new airport lounge
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Amex centurion / plat / DL diamond / Hilton HHonors
I forgot to mention.. The food is tex-mex style .. So expect your food to be mild-spicy and for my vegetarian friends.. Only one hot dish is vegetarian --just FYI..
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by colerc
I have no way of knowing for sure but BWI seems extremely unlikely...not a particularly important airport and already has a recently-opened Airspace Lounge, which prominently advertises that Amex Platinum gets you in. Perhaps a more likely outcome would be for Amex to take over Airspace, if they're serious about getting into the lounge business, though it looks like (no firsthand experience) the product standards of Airspace are somewhat lower than those of the Centurion Lounges, though still above typical domestic airline lounges.

There's lots of unused space in JFK T4 just past the new security checkpoint, in the upper level area which used to be landside and where several lounges are / have been, so that's certainly possible. If Amex is trying to reduce payments to airline lounge partners perhaps T8 is also a target, though I'm not sure if there's any space in T8.

I wonder if we will see Amex start offering these lounges as contract lounges to carriers flying into these airports. I could see carriers like QR at T8 and EY at T4 wanting to offer something more like the Centurion Lounge to their premium passengers rather than the Admirals' Club or a generic contract lounge respectively. Likewise with EK and possibly others at DFW, and perhaps VS at LAS.
Good to know that there is space in T4. I haven't been through since the expansion opened/security moved, but that seems like a logical place then for one of these (and might be enough to convince me to fly out of JFK rather than LGA, given the right price/times).

To me, T4 makes more sense than T8, since it hits more airlines and hits a largely international audience (rather than a mix). But they do do already have 2 lounges in T4 (Oasis via PP and Delta SkyClub, which I'm sure isn't going anywhere).
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by world4me
I forgot to mention.. The food is tex-mex style .. So expect your food to be mild-spicy and for my vegetarian friends.. Only one hot dish is vegetarian --just FYI..
I wonder if Tex-Mex is the same every day?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:41 am

I am flying into DFW tomorrow evening, I am excited to check out this new lounge.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by elkhornne
I wonder if Tex-Mex is the same every day?
I believe the LAS lounge has the same food every day (at least every review I've read of it described the same dishes that I had when I was there). But, presumably the DFW lounge will have more regular customers than the LAS lounge does, so maybe they'll mix it up more at DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.