Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks again to everyone for their comments. Based on the feedback here and my own experience in the DFW Centurion lounge, I just cancelled the Platinum Card (member since 1985 . The value is just not there any more -- Centurion lounges are in no way a replacement for the airline lounges, and the only other benefit I used (FHR) is nowhere near as valuable as it used to be. The renewal at $625 for the basic card + 3 additional card holders was not worth (to me) anywhere near that cost.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:44 am

Passed through DFW last Sunday late afternoon (9/27) and it was busy in waves. (Was there around 3 hours total) At its busiest it was quite a mess though. I didn't see anyone sitting on the floor, but I definitely saw people making laps looking for a place to sit.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I was there this morning from about 10-1 and it really only got busy from about 11 to 11:30. There were still seats open here and there though. Overall, a pleasant visit.

As an aside, I still think they're having problems with restroom and shower cleaning. When the agent brought me to the shower, she said something like "I hope it's clean" when she opened the door.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by United747
As an aside, I still think they're having problems with restroom and shower cleaning. When the agent brought me to the shower, she said something like "I hope it's clean" when she opened the door.
They really need to have a more robust housekeeping presence. The last time I took a shower after someone else their definition of "clean" was placing new towels on the wooden stool. The shower still was wet from the previous user, the sink basin and not been cleaned. The trash bin had not been emptied, and the minis of shampoo and body wash had obviously been used.

At least with the Admirals Clubs you're guaranteed a clean shower.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
They really need to have a more robust housekeeping presence. The last time I took a shower after someone else their definition of "clean" was placing new towels on the wooden stool. The shower still was wet from the previous user, the sink basin and not been cleaned. The trash bin had not been emptied, and the minis of shampoo and body wash had obviously been used.

At least with the Admirals Clubs you're guaranteed a clean shower.
They had all of the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap) in communal, wall-mounted containers. I don't know if it is new or not, I hadn't been in quite awhile.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
They had all of the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap) in communal, wall-mounted containers. I don't know if it is new or not, I hadn't been in quite awhile.
There used to be miniature bottles of L'Occitane products, so it appears that that has changed. I haven't been through since May timeframe, so I don't know when this change occurred.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
I was taking a look at the sample menu because I was thinking of stopping by before my 7am flight. The lounge opens at 5:30am but breakfast isn't available until 6:30am?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
I was taking a look at the sample menu because I was thinking of stopping by before my 7am flight. The lounge opens at 5:30am but breakfast isn't available until 6:30am?
Yeah I'd like to know this too for my 707am flight out.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:36 pm

They will (or at least should) have other snacks available outside of those hours. This has been my experiences at several of the centurion lounges between the end of the lunch/dinner and closing

An assortment of snacks, including fruits, chips and cookies, will also be available in the Lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, SQ, CX, TK, AF// Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
after many visits to this lounge, I've really seen the quality decrease in the past 6 mos. But what I still don't understand is this: how can I access this lounge if arriving internationally into D but with no onward connecting flight- or with an o/n layover? Have to grab bags and clear customs, and there seems to be no way to divert over to the lounge except thru 'connecting flights'.
On domestic-only itineraries, if arriving in a different terminal or o/n stay at DFW, I just leave my bags on the carousel, take the train to D, use the lounge, then train back to arriving terminal and grab bags from locked cabinets where they were placed by handlers when I didn't initially retrieve them.
Anybody have experience with accessing on int'l arrival without having to re-clear security etc.?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by java1
Anybody have experience with accessing on int'l arrival without having to re-clear security etc.?
I don't think this is possible unless arriving from preclearance destinations, YVR, YYC, YYZ, NAS? to name a few.

I was there Saturday and the bathrooms were out of order, I think they only had the shower rooms available if one needed to use the facilities. Besides the food, I like the Admirals Clubs better.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I don't think this is possible unless arriving from preclearance destinations, YVR, YYC, YYZ, NAS? to name a few.
That's the only way it could happen with an international arrival. Otherwise you have to go through Immigration and Customs, and you're landside after that.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Tangential discussion of the value of a Platinum Card has been transferred into a current discussion of the same topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...num-worth.html
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
AMEX Centurion Club at DFW Terminal D

I am in the DFW Centurion Lounge right now. Well less than 50% occupancy. I was here a bit later on Sunday and it was probably 75%. Food is good and friendly service.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
Access on arrival after red-eye

I might have to take one of those horrible 3.5 hour red-eye flights (SEA-DFW) but only willing to do so if I can get a shower and clean up a little once I arrive.

The flight leaves at 11:55PM the night before... does anyone have any info on how strict are they on the "same day boarding pass" policy? Given that the intent of the policy is to keep out airport employees and non-rev standbys I would hope this would be allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.