FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: HA only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1380649-platinum-airline-fee-200-reimbursement-reports-ha-only.html)

mia Aug 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: HA only

To my knowledge there have been no reports of attempted or successful reimbursements on Hawaiian Airlines expenses. Please reply to this thread if you have submitted such, successful or denied.

mccolm323 Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Conducting

Hello, I setup my $200 over the phone last week and got an email conformation:) within 30 mins. I will be using it in 2 weeks, I will update after I use it. Pretty simple setup IMHO.

mia Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk.

To be sure I understand correctly, you have selected Hawaiian Airlines as your carrier preference for this benefit, is that correct? What type of charges do you expect to incur in two weeks which will be eligible for reimbursement?

Ubud Aug 25, 2012 9:42 am

Baggage fee reimbursed in June

Originally Posted by mia (Post 19186641)
To my knowledge there have been no reports of attempted or successful reimbursements on Hawaiian Airlines expenses. Please reply to this thread if you have submitted such, successful or denied.

I set it up for HA the day of my flight and charged $17 x 3. Full amount was reimbursed about 2 weeks later.

mrredskin Aug 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ubud (Post 19191228)
I set it up for HA the day of my flight and charged $17 x 3. Full amount was reimbursed about 2 weeks later.

thanks for setting up the thread, mia.

Ubud, did you only use the card to pay for the bag fees?

oh, and they accept AMEX for booking airfare but not for buying a gift certificate??? :(

Ubud Sep 6, 2012 11:30 pm

$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: HA only

Yes, I only paid for the bags via Amex. Airfare was part of a larger itin.

mccolm323 Sep 8, 2012 4:49 pm

I will be paying for bags, car seats, strollers, food to Kauai and back home to San Diego, CA.

Tak Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

I used $200 to be Hawaiian Air Premier Club member for my wife ($250 a year).
So I just paid $50(AMEX reimbursed $200 to me).

mccolm323 Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

I put the charge on my account last tuesday AM and it was credited by Saturday morning. Quick turn around!

mrredskin Oct 5, 2012 7:28 am

Had two, $65 tickets I purchased about a month ago. I did not get credited automatically. I emailed Travel about a week after and was told to wait til statement closed (altho I knew it wouldn't post). Waited a week after closing date and emailed again and they took the charges off manually. Two different agents replied on the message exchanges so it doesn't appear to be a problem requesting this. Another $85 tik awaits me in two weeks - maxing out my $200 :)

darth Nov 18, 2012 11:37 am

I recently got a plat card, and am doing a hawaii trip next week. Was wondering if I were to assign those airlines for the 200 bucks back, can I just go to their site and buy gift cards (https://partners.hawaiianairlines.co...Code=&page=1)? Other threads mention that folks getting back money for them too. Also should one buy gift cards from their site linked above or when flying the airline? Thanks

gold07 Jan 9, 2013 5:12 pm

Has anyone successfully been reimbursed for GC purchase? thanks

SnoopDaddy Jan 10, 2013 5:21 am

i was reimbursed in about a week for baggage fees / in flight food on HA flights from JFK-HNL-JFK.

gold07 Jan 10, 2013 10:56 am

if anyone is wondering about the GC, the website won't let you use AMEX so I think its a no go on that.

gold07 Jan 10, 2013 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 19186641)

thank you for the pm, i tried to pm you back but it wouldn't let me