Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 4, 17, 6:50 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: HA only
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:43 am   #61
  
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
Did you select Hawaiian as your airline before purchasing the gift cards?

Not meant to be an insulting question, just wondering since sometimes we all overlook certain steps in our earnestness.
Yes, I did. I changed it from AA the same day though. But I did receive an email confirming the change. Maybe it takes a day or so for the changes to show up in my account? Hmm might give it another shot.

Last edited by silenc3; Jan 18, 17 at 11:04 am
silenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 17, 11:25 am   #62
  
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenc3 View Post
Yes, I did. I changed it from AA the same day though. But I did receive an email confirming the change. Maybe it takes a day or so for the changes to show up in my account? Hmm might give it another shot.
Ok, so it appears that was the issue. If you select an airline or switch an airline you may want to wait a couple of days so their systems get updated before you make a purchase.

I made another purchase and was credited a few days later.
silenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 17, 12:44 pm   #63
  
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SMF
Posts: 1,191
1/24 - Changed airline selection to Hawaiian
1/26 - Bought $50 HA gift card
1/28 - Charge posted, reimbursement posted same day
Big4Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 17, 1:09 pm   #64
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 5
Does anyone know how we can apply more than 4 GCs at a time? Flights are upwards of $600 during peak...how am I supposed to use 8 X $50 GCs?

Thanks in advance!
mymikeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 17, 9:56 pm   #65
  
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymikeole View Post
Does anyone know how we can apply more than 4 GCs at a time? Flights are upwards of $600 during peak...how am I supposed to use 8 X $50 GCs?

Thanks in advance!
Nope. I called and chatted. You cannot use more than 4 per booking. I just booked Hawaii Island hopping flights and had to book them separately to be able to use all of my GCs.
lazy_gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 17, 3:14 pm   #66
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy_gremlin View Post
Nope. I called and chatted. You cannot use more than 4 per booking. I just booked Hawaii Island hopping flights and had to book them separately to be able to use all of my GCs.
Damn that sucks. I should have claimed $100GCs instead of $50s. Thanks for confirming.
mymikeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 17, 11:36 am   #67
  
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: HI
Posts: 23
2/9 - bought $100 Hawaiian Air gc with my PRG
2/13 - reimbursement posted
Napagoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 17, 6:54 pm   #68
  
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: HNL
Programs: Marriott, UA
Posts: 608
Bought $100 HA GC online feb 20, Amex reimbursed feb 22
msp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 17, 3:28 pm   #69
  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 53
Bought $100 HA GC online 3/29/17 reimbursed 3/31/17
Also used GC's and paid remaining balance of $15.20 on Amex Plat Bus 3/30/17 got reimbursed on 3/31/17. Coded as "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES 12WEB SALES HI" Maybe we wont have to go through the extra step of buying GC's anymore. Has this happen for anyone else?
raceroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 17, 4:54 pm   #70
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceroyce View Post
Bought $100 HA GC online 3/29/17 reimbursed 3/31/17
Also used GC's and paid remaining balance of $15.20 on Amex Plat Bus 3/30/17 got reimbursed on 3/31/17. Coded as "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES 12WEB SALES HI" Maybe we wont have to go through the extra step of buying GC's anymore. Has this happen for anyone else?
Interesting. Any other data point for it?
thanks
ankitaroramba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 17, 5:29 am   #71
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 11
Purchased a $50 GC on 05/17/17 and it codes as Hawiann Gifts. Haven't been credited back the $50 yet. Where did I mess up? By not buying it in $100 increment?
aln10788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 12:11 am   #72
  
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aln10788 View Post
Purchased a $50 GC on 05/17/17 and it codes as Hawiann Gifts. Haven't been credited back the $50 yet. Where did I mess up? By not buying it in $100 increment?

I think they may have caught on with HA. I purchased a $63 GC - waited the famous 3 business days for reimbursement and NOTHING. Said okay, lets wait till the statement closes. Still - NOTHING!

Just changed preferred airline to Delta - purchased a $50 GC. Waiting for it to post then will wait a few days to see if it reimburses. Fingers crossed.
Brenden Goodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 17, 10:49 pm   #73
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Hmm... that is worrisome. I should have purchased the gift cards sooner. Please let us know if you do get reimbursed.
Howint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 17, 6:51 pm   #74
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
I went ahead and try if HA gift card still get reimbursed.

6/17 Posted
No reimbursement as of 6/20.

I am guessing Amex really fixed it.
Howint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 17, 2:32 pm   #75
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howint View Post
I went ahead and try if HA gift card still get reimbursed.

6/17 Posted
No reimbursement as of 6/20.

I am guessing Amex really fixed it.
Hi everyone - any luck from anyone recently?!? I would really appreciate another data point.

Thanks!
mymikeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top