Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Concierge (USA) - Email?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Platinum Concierge (USA) - Email?

Can AMEX Plat card members e-mail the concierge? It would be nice to shoot a msg from my blackberry to make reservations...
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:06 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, CO Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rajvar
Can AMEX Plat card members e-mail the concierge? It would be nice to shoot a msg from my blackberry to make reservations...
[email protected]

Atleast thats the address they email me off of. But I think you will need to call them and tell them that you'll be emailing as well.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, DL Silver/Reserve, VA Silver, SPG Gold, US Air DMS, AA Gold
Email worked!

Originally Posted by mufaddal
[email protected]

Atleast thats the address they email me off of. But I think you will need to call them and tell them that you'll be emailing as well.
Funny, no where in Amex Platinum literature or on the Platinum website do they mention an e-mail address to e-mail in requests. I even called and asked them if there was such a thing, and they said no, they only take requests by phone.

However, I just tried e-mailing that address, and I got a response back from Platinum Concierge that I can e-mail in any request. This is very convenient. I had been using Red Butler because they allowed e-mail requests while I was under the impression Amex did not.

Anybody else regularly e-mail in requests? Do you have to include your CC number? All they had to go by was my name.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by DLB1752
Funny, no where in Amex Platinum literature or on the Platinum website do they mention an e-mail address to e-mail in requests. I even called and asked them if there was such a thing, and they said no, they only take requests by phone.

However, I just tried e-mailing that address, and I got a response back from Platinum Concierge that I can e-mail in any request. This is very convenient. I had been using Red Butler because they allowed e-mail requests while I was under the impression Amex did not.

Anybody else regularly e-mail in requests? Do you have to include your CC number? All they had to go by was my name.
same for cent. Just replace platinumrequests with centurionrequests - that's been around for a long time, AFAIK.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:22 pm

When I emailed cent I never got a response unless I was responding to one of their emails. It's good to hear you're getting a response. I'll try the plat email and see since I have show tickets I'd like them to find me.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, DL Silver/Reserve, VA Silver, SPG Gold, US Air DMS, AA Gold
E-mail Update

I sent a "test" request (just had them call a store to see if an item was in stock). They responded about 18 hours later with the information I requested. Red Butler is much quicker, but hey, Amex Plat Concierge is included in membership fee. No complaints.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:04 pm

I stand corrected, they responded! I emailed platrequests and they responded from centrequests, even though I no longer have the card! It did take 24 hours for a reply and they were not able to find any tickets, but atleast they replied.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Please take that E-mail address out of the posts; I don't want to see it abused (and since it's in plaintext, it's being harvested for SPAM as we speak).
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Doh! Gotta start watching those posting dates; I had no idea the original post was nearly 5 years old.

[EmilyLitella]"... never mind."[/EmilyLitella]
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:42 pm
Company Representative - Amex

You may use the following email address to contact the Concierge as long as your Card product includes this feature as a benefit.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Beth
Amex Customer Care
Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is this also available for Platinum Card holders in the Netherlands?
And if so, when emailing them do you have to add your card number to the mail?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Is this also available for Platinum Card holders in the Netherlands?
And if so, when emailing them do you have to add your card number to the mail?
I would not put your card number in an email to anyone. They definitely don't need it. I would think they match the email address on your profile to the one sending the email. You may have to provide the email on the phone first so they have it on file.

That being said, I am not sure if that is a benefit of your Dutch Plat card.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:55 pm
Company Representative - Amex

My apology. The email addresses I provided are for U.S. Cards only. For international cards, please contact the customer service center that services your Card for direction.

Because email is not a secure we do not recommend including your account number in the communication.

Beth
Amex Customer Care
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:00 pm

No longer works

That email address no longer works, does anyone have a valid email address?

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:06 pm

Old man yells at cloud, etc.

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care
My apology. The email addresses I provided are for U.S. Cards only. For international cards, please contact the customer service center that services your Card for direction.

Because email is not a secure we do not recommend including your account number in the communication.

Beth
Amex Customer Care
Does anyone know if this has changed for international cards? I'm guessing not because the concierge programs are still separate.

I tried to call the US Platinum # with a request last week while I was there but they couldn't help me. It's annoying, because my US sim card for some reason won't let me dial German numbers.

Why not just truly make this a global service where I could call whichever country's concierge service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.