When does AmEx renew FHR contracts?

Old Dec 10, 07, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

discounts be as high as 20%+ / $300+

search amex forum and lux hotels forum for examples

upgrades can be quite valuable, and breakfast + amenity are always a decent $ figure

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 10, 07 at 1:00 pm
Old Dec 10, 07, 12:42 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by yuchung5
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT View Post
I would say usually FHR is better if you also consider amenities it gives you, but not always. Be an educated consumer and compare rates to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the response.
I am thinking about getting a AMEX PLAT.
Well, it will cost me $450, and I did some search.
There are some, not a lot, saying FHR program will pay for $450 easily.
I don't know it is true or not.

Thanks
ycuhung5
In my case the fee is worth every penny, but I am using most of the benefits this card has to offer. as above poster suggested, do a search. There is a lot of valuable info on flyertalk.com
Old Dec 12, 07, 12:26 am

Location: Portland, Or. AA Lifetime Plat, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, AMEX Plat
Just signed on for the AMEX Plat and learning the way. I'm going to shoot myself cuz I know this is obvious ... What does FHR stand for? Thanks
Old Dec 12, 07, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Originally Posted by milesaremymantra View Post
What does FHR stand for? Thanks

Fine Hotels & Resorts Program
Old Sep 2, 11, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
FHR questions

Hotel availabilty and rates are not loaded for 2012 online. Are they still available by calling PTS and anyone know when the rates are loaded online?

When booking a RC, Conrad or W, can you add your Marriott, Hilton or Starwood membership number and get credit for stay nights & points? Do you call the property directly after the reservation is made through PTS?
Old Sep 2, 11, 1:45 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Time traveller View Post
Hotel availabilty and rates are not loaded for 2012 online. Are they still available by calling PTS and anyone know when the rates are loaded online?
In my experience if you call the can give you rates or call a a hotel directly for you to secure your room.
When booking a RC, Conrad or W, can you add your Marriott, Hilton or Starwood membership number and get credit for stay nights & points? Do you call the property directly after the reservation is made through PTS?
The rep can do this for you and make sure your # is added to a reservation. I have always gotten credit.
Old Sep 2, 11, 2:16 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
I believe the rates for the following year are generally loaded in Oct or Nov.
Old Aug 1, 12, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
When does AmEx renew FHR contracts?

I'm trying to book a hotel for 2013 and an FHR agent told me that 2013 would be unavailable until they renew their contracts (and add and subtract some properties) but didn't know when it would happen. Anyone know when it usually happens--it's August now, so surely people are looking to book into 2013...
Old Aug 2, 12, 10:23 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, this issue pops up every year. Sometimes, the contracts for some properties are finalized as late as November.
Old Sep 6, 15, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Amex FHR special offers have just started coming out for dates into 2016.

Sadly, the FHR website doesn't yet allow you to select dates past December 2015, but a few hotels, like The Upper House in Hong Kong have offers until December 2016

These offers are new since Tuesday.
Old Aug 10, 16, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
An update for 2017 bookings

Today - August 10, 2016 - some new free night offers showed up for mainly hotels in the Caribbean region that run into 2017. e.g. Rosewood Tuckers Point in Bermuda has an offer until the end of January 2017 and the De L'Europe Amsterdam has the longest offer, ending in March 2017

The FHR site also seems to allow bookings into 2017 as well, which is different from last year. They won't let me book a hotel more than 330 days out though.
Old Jun 2, 17, 7:38 am

When does FHR release new booking dates?

I'm a total newbie with Amex Plat, and this is my first time attempting to book a hotel via FHR. I searched the forum but couldn't find any answers --

I'm trying to book a hotel via FHR for early next year, but looks like currently you can only book through EOY. Does anyone know the schedule that Amex releases hotel booking dates? Seems weird that you can't book more than 6 months out.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 2, 17, 7:47 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have appended your question to last year's thread. Scroll back to review the discussion.
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jbeans View Post
I'm a total newbie with Amex Plat, and this is my first time attempting to book a hotel via FHR. I searched the forum but couldn't find any answers --

I'm trying to book a hotel via FHR for early next year, but looks like currently you can only book through EOY. Does anyone know the schedule that Amex releases hotel booking dates? Seems weird that you can't book more than 6 months out.

Thanks in advance!
Just spoke to someone at AMEX travel and they said the FHR contracts have been signed (in Vegas at least) and that within two weeks the system should update to allow for 2018 bookings. Not sure how this applies nationwide/globally, as I was inquiring specifically for Las Vegas. I'm also trying to book for 2018 and will keep an eye on the refresh and let you all know what I find.
Old Sep 10, 17, 6:34 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by abeightol View Post
Just spoke to someone at AMEX travel and they said the FHR contracts have been signed (in Vegas at least) and that within two weeks the system should update to allow for 2018 bookings. Not sure how this applies nationwide/globally, as I was inquiring specifically for Las Vegas. I'm also trying to book for 2018 and will keep an eye on the refresh and let you all know what I find.
I have not been able to book an EZE hotel for 2018

Search this Thread