FHR promotions reserved to American cardholders ???

Old Jul 16, 12, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
FHR promotions reserved to American cardholders ???

Hi,

I've just tried to book a room through the French CTS under a special FHR promotion (complimentary 4th night) but was told that this offer was only available to US card members. I've never heard of such a restriction and have taken advantage of FHR promotions listed on the American website frequently in the past.

Is this new or another French CTS mistake?

Here is the link to the promotion:

http://tinyurl.com/c77jkr5

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Jul 16, 12, 10:41 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
The link does not work.

There are no FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties matching your criteria.
Are you able to login to the site using your French account? The Program Terms and Conditions stipulate that the site is intended only for USA-issued card accounts.

Valid for new bookings made through American Express Travel. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the U.S. Platinum Card member or Centurion member’s name.
Old Jul 16, 12, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia View Post
The link does not work.

Are you able to login to the site using your French account? The Program Terms and Conditions stipulate that the site is intended only for USA-issued card accounts.
Sorry for the link as it doesn't seem to work indeed.

I can't login to the US site using my French account. I, however, never had a problem booking a promotion listed there through the French CTS. I'm just wondering if it's a new policy to make some promotions only available to the US market...

Once again, I would often refer to the US website to find promotions that were bookable for me as a French Centurion card holder.

I wonder if other non US card holders are denied "access" to such offers as well.

FYI, I was trying to use the fourth complimentary night poffer at the Delano hotel in Miami.
Old Jul 16, 12, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, BA Blue
Had this issue before in the UK, there are specific FHR offers for specific markets, mainly for US cardholders only. See posts #28 & #29 of this thread.
Old Jul 20, 12, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I've just hung up the phone with someone in charge of Centurion customer service in France and after a bit of research she confirmed that French customers (as well as any other Centurion card holder in the world in her opinion) could benefit from FHR promotional offers.

I was able to book my room with free nights although it wasn't easy...

Search this Thread