Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR rates competitive?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I also never use it in Vegas because I tend to get upgrades direct from hotels, but I might give it a try there too since everyone seems to suggest it works best there. I'm in Vegas 10 times a year.
Guaranteed late checkout is a darn good perk in Las Vegas; MB and Delano want to charge $50 for late checkout, and give only until 2pm. Actual room rates are better from the MLife Player's Club offers, but if we didn't gamble and still wanted to stay at those two properties I'd say FHR is competitive once you figure in $60/day in 'breakfast' (all day allowance at MBay) and $100 per stay resort credit.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Gig103
Guaranteed late checkout is a darn good perk in Las Vegas; MB and Delano want to charge $50 for late checkout, and give only until 2pm. Actual room rates are better from the MLife Player's Club offers, but if we didn't gamble and still wanted to stay at those two properties I'd say FHR is competitive once you figure in $60/day in 'breakfast' (all day allowance at MBay) and $100 per stay resort credit.
MLife is typically how I book in Las Vegas but I'll make sure to look at FHR there. That seems to be the one place people find success. Late checkout is certainly nice, especially when I find myself taking overnight redeye flights back east most of the time. I'll have a Vegas trip within the next few months so I'll do some comparisons soon.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Competitive rates? Here is a wonderful example:

Just booked three nights at the Tokyo Conrad Hotel. FHR rates are $100 USD less per night than the least expensive Hilton website rate for members/seniors/AAA/etc. Then, add the early checking/late checkout/special benefit/upgrade....this is a wonderful use of the Plat card.
Statman, EDIflyer, ffsim and 2 others like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Random question (kinda related): I want to book a FHR rate but I would like to make the payment this month opposed to the month when I'm actually traveling. Is there a way to call the hotel and ask them to charge the card immediately for the full or partial stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.