Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex US: Refer a friend & earn rewards? Experiences and problems.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex US: Refer a friend & earn rewards? Experiences and problems.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:28 am

I have done it once and got the 15,000 points within 3 weeks.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:09 pm

Still nothing for me. (referral bonus shows on my February statement)
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:11 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Mitz9060
Referred a friend back in February, and have been going back and forth with both Hilton and Amex since May. Hilton was kind enough to give me 20k earlier today and then hours later I got another 20k. I'm not able to see the descriptions yet, but I'm assuming the second 20k is from AMEX. So hopefully others will be receiving their points as well very soon.
Did you talk to Hilton on the phone or online chat?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I got my Aspire Card referral bonus today. Earlier this week I contacted @askamex on Twitter with a brief explanation. They gave me a link and code to login securely on americanexpress.com/socialchat. They then asked for my Twitter handle so they could 'connect' my issue to my Amex account. Told me they'd escalate and get back to me in 24-72 hrs. I didn't hear back yet, but points showed up in the last couple of hours.

Last edited by Ripper3785; Jul 6, 2018 at 11:22 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:49 pm

I also got 25,000 referral bonus points this week. I chatted with Amex online rep again this Monday and I asked him to expedite my case and he did. The 25000 bonus points doesn't actually show up on Hilton points activity site yet but it was added to total points. My total points last week was like 50000 and it is showing 75000 now. I've been contacting Amex with this issue since February. Finally!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:42 am

Looks like they have been updating accounts today. I also got my bonus.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by avatarx
The 25000 bonus points doesn't actually show up on Hilton points activity site yet but it was added to total points. My total points last week was like 50000 and it is showing 75000 now.
My points showed up the same way, the points were there a couple hours before the before the description showed up in my activity. But I see this with the way hotel stays credit sometimes too.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:28 am

Amex (USA) Membership Rewards Referral Bonuses slow to post?

Has anyone noticed Amex is being uncharacteristically late in issuing referral bonuses recently? I understand the T&C says it may take up to 6-8 weeks, but in all my referrals in the past, it has ALWAYS been 2-3 business days from the date my friend gets approved for me to see the 10k referral bonus credited to my account. Recently I've been 2 successful referrals and it's been close to 2 weeks and I still haven't receive the referral bonus. Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In which country are your American Express cards issued? What type(s) of referral bonus are you expecting, cash, Membership Rewards, Delta, Hilton, Marriott?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mia
In which country are your American Express cards issued? What type(s) of referral bonus are you expecting, cash, Membership Rewards, Delta, Hilton, Marriott?
USA...referral bonuses as in MR pts when referring AMEX cards that earns MR pts (eg. Blue Bus.Plus, Everyday card, etc.)
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Has anyone noticed Amex is being uncharacteristically late in issuing referral bonuses recently? I understand the T&C says it may take up to 6-8 weeks, but in all my referrals in the past, it has ALWAYS been 2-3 business days from the date my friend gets approved for me to see the 10k referral bonus credited to my account. Recently I've been 2 successful referrals and it's been close to 2 weeks and I still haven't receive the referral bonus. Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks!
Same for me. it have been about two weeks, no bonus yet. Also my retention offer didn't post right away after meeting the MSR. Called Amex today, they said they don't even see this part of retention bonus. Asked them to listen to the call recording. And they also said to wait 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by yugi
Same for me. it have been about two weeks, no bonus yet. Also my retention offer didn't post right away after meeting the MSR. Called Amex today, they said they don't even see this part of retention bonus. Asked them to listen to the call recording. And they also said to wait 6-8 weeks.
I'm missing an upgrade bonus that was completed near August 15. They also can't see the offer on my account. Wondering if it's part of the weird shenanigans that's going on or if the phone rep never added during the upgrade... (They also told me to wait 6-8 weeks lol)
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:21 am

As a FYI f/up, my referral bonuses finally posted today (one took 2 weeks, the other took 1 week).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
As a FYI f/up, my referral bonuses finally posted today (one took 2 weeks, the other took 1 week).
My referral bonus also posted today, but not retention bonus. Something is wrong with their system.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by milesforhire
I'm missing an upgrade bonus that was completed near August 15. They also can't see the offer on my account. Wondering if it's part of the weird shenanigans that's going on or if the phone rep never added during the upgrade... (They also told me to wait 6-8 weeks lol)
I upgraded in May and met my requirements towards mid/late July. No bonus yet and have called them twice. They say 6-8 weeks and can see upgrade offer on my account but have no idea why points haven't posted. Last agent opened a ticket - not sure whats going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.