convert Amex Business Gold card to SPG Business?

Old Jun 2, 12, 1:03 am
Original Poster

convert Amex Business Gold card to SPG Business?

Does anybody know if this conversion is possible? I'd like to keep the same account number if possible. PRG $175 just isn't worth it anymore, but I'd still like to tap into OPEN savings.
Old Jun 2, 12, 1:23 am

Programs: SPG LTG, DL Plat
I'm pretty sure Amex does not allow you to switch from a charge product to a revolving product (or vice versa). You could always try calling CS (and call back 2-3 times if you have time just to double/triple check).
Old Jun 2, 12, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UAdbaCO-Silver, DL-Kryptonium Med, AA-Silver
I just did this same thing a few months ago. It was all done over the phone, CL transferred, kept same # and no credit pull. I was charged the $65 for first year but I didn't complain. Oh, I went from business to business. As I recall, I called the AMEX reconsideration line 1st as I didn't know how to call. They handled everything in about 5 minutes and had the SPG in 3 days
Old Jun 2, 12, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Did they give you the SPG signup bonus?
Old Jun 2, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: many
Yes, did they give you the bonus, otherwise if not, why did you convert versus applying for the new card? Did not want to meet the spend, or wish to extend your credit history?
Old Jun 2, 12, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
I'm pretty sure Amex does not allow you to switch from a charge product to a revolving product (or vice versa). You could always try calling CS (and call back 2-3 times if you have time just to double/triple check).
I second that. AMEX generally will not allow you to move from a charge card (AMEX Gold/Premier Rewards Gold) to a credit card (SPG, Delta, etc.). But you can always...but keep in mind YMMV.

Search this Thread