Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX UK and Foursquare team up

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

For anyone who hasn't used the Pizza Express offer yet, there is a voucher on their website (http://www.pizzaexpress.com/latest-offers) where if you buy a main meal, you can get any pizza for £2.50. This is also valid for takeaways if you phone your local restaurant.

Given most their pizzas are less than £11.75, you can get two pizzas for less than £4.25 if used in conjunction with the Foursqaure offer.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:10 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Found it a little hit and miss. Obviously wasn't working at all for a few days recently but that was a system-wide fault. Now it's working I'm finding the odd store in the chain (eg Cafe Rouge) that doesn't seem to be participating.
I had a Tesco store not appear with the "Load to Card" button, even after checking in. I did my shopping, then sent Amex a message. They replied apologizing for it and are making a credit of £5 to my account.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ups
I had a Tesco store not appear with the "Load to Card" button, even after checking in. I did my shopping, then sent Amex a message. They replied apologizing for it and are making a credit of £5 to my account.
Glad you got it sorted - I've found things seem to have improved a bit recently, the main issue is some branches (esp of Cafe Rouge) just not taking part in the offer at all.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:30 am
ups

Glad you got it sorted - I've found things seem to have improved a bit recently, the main issue is some branches (esp of Cafe Rouge) just not taking part in the offer at all.
Have you tried sending a message to Amex and have they refused?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ups
Have you tried sending a message to Amex and have they refused?
No - I ended up using it at a different branch instead, but that one just wasn't showing the special offer at all, it's not that it wouldn't load. I presume some individual branches might be able to opt-out if they wish?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:45 am
ups

No - I ended up using it at a different branch instead, but that one just wasn't showing the special offer at all, it's not that it wouldn't load. I presume some individual branches might be able to opt-out if they wish?
In my Tesco experience, it wasn't showing the special offer either, it appeared just like a regular location. I didn't notice any mention that selected branches are participating, so I'd assume that Foursquare's list just isn't up to date, and messaging Amex will sort it out.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ups
In my Tesco experience, it wasn't showing the special offer either, it appeared just like a regular location. I didn't notice any mention that selected branches are participating, so I'd assume that Foursquare's list just isn't up to date, and messaging Amex will sort it out.
OK interesting, thanks - if I comes up again I'll try that.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
UK cards work in US too

Having signed up for this with my BA Amex and receiving rebates at Tesco and Pizza express I tried it in America and it works there too (with my same UK card). I used it at a restaurant Brewzzi which offered $5 back if you spent $10 and it came through on my card no problem.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
I synched my card with Foursquare and started using it a couple times with great results, however now it seems that only select Amex deals show up, even though my friends with Foursquare are showing the discounts on their mobile devices. Tons of places have the discount, but for some reason, I can't view it on my phone. Any other FTers have this happen?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by TexasTea
I synched my card with Foursquare and started using it a couple times with great results, however now it seems that only select Amex deals show up, even though my friends with Foursquare are showing the discounts on their mobile devices. Tons of places have the discount, but for some reason, I can't view it on my phone. Any other FTers have this happen?
I've had that happen as well. Not sure why!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:15 pm
Adx

All of the original offers finished on 15 August, I can't find any Amex offers on there anymore...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:29 am
ups

Originally Posted by Adx
All of the original offers finished on 15 August, I can't find any Amex offers on there anymore...
I always thought these offers were available until 15-Aug, though they've still got the website up so hopefully they'll add more.

I got some £25 back for 3 visits, which isn't too bad
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: not a lot
I saved £30 using this over the last couple of months and off to SFO and MCO in a few weeks too so hopefully might save a few quid as well.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ups
I always thought these offers were available until 15-Aug, though they've still got the website up so hopefully they'll add more.

I got some £25 back for 3 visits, which isn't too bad
Same, I've got about £25 as well. Bella Italia, Pizza Express and Tesco.

I hope they bring more offers in.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:48 am

AMEX & Foursquare (UK)

(For those not in the know, you can link your Amex card with your foursquare account and load checkin offers onto the card when you cneckin to a place with a special amex offer. The shop will not know you're using a virtual coupon as to them you've just paid with your card).

So perhaps a thread showing checkin's currently active and their value and validity could be in order? I'll start.

Harvey Nichols - £25 spend, £25 back. Good until October 1st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.