IAD and CDG PLAT lounge access

Old May 18, 12, 2:46 pm
Used to be diaworld
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Dontcareist, Delta & United Silver

Hello all,
I'm an AMEX plat flying on Air France Econ departing IAD at 440PM. Are there any lounges in the intl terminal that will let me in? I read that the BA lounge kicks you out at 2. Does this mean you can enter at 1:59 and stay, or do they literally close the lounge? Don't know that I want to get there so early just to use the lounge.

Also, I'm connecting AF at CDG and it looks like the Air Canada lounge is the closest. Will they let me in there if I'm transiting on AF or am I stuck in the transit area? Are there any PP/AMEX friendly lounges in transit?

TIA!
Old May 18, 12, 2:53 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

BA lounge closes for Amex Plat PP members at 2pm. I went there at 145pm and stayed for 15 min. If U have a Priorty Pass reg membership then U can use the United's Red carpet lounge in C and D concourse. If U have a PP Select then U cannot use United's lounge.
Old May 18, 12, 3:09 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
The Platinum Card itself would not give you access to any lounge because you are not flying on AA or DL and there is no US club at IAD or CDG.

Last edited by mia; May 19, 12 at 4:49 am Reason: Remove reference to Airspace Lounge, wrong airport.
Old May 18, 12, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
The Platinum Card itself would give you access to the Airspace Lounge in IAD Concourse D, but not any other because you are not flying on AA or DL and there is no US club at IAD or CDG.
There's an Airspace lounge at IAD now? Their website still only says BWI. If this is true, great news, another option.
Old May 19, 12, 4:46 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Esq View Post
There's an Airspace lounge at IAD now? Their website still only says BWI.
No, my mistake, wrong airport. Sorry for confusion.
Old May 19, 12, 9:54 am
Used to be diaworld
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Dontcareist, Delta & United Silver
Thanks for the replies...reminded me I have a Red Carpet Club pass lying around here somewhere.

Any ideas on CDG? My layover is only 75 minutes, so kind of afraid to leave the transit area, but would be nice to have a comfy place to hang and breakfast.