Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a Plat please check an FHR rate for me?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Can a Plat please check an FHR rate for me?

I have an upcoming trip to an FHR property (probably several properties). I would like to know if the FHR rate is competitive, and if so, I will upgrade to plat for the 25k bonus that is currently being offered to me.

Capri Palace Hotel & Spa
6/13/12 for 1 night
Cheapest room type and rate

Also, I've noticed different cancellation windows on separate sites, so that info would be helpful as well. Thank you!
Old May 8, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: AA CK
slice:

The cheapest rates are Deluxe Double room Hill side or Superior room Sea side, both at $953 for 6/13. with estimated taxes and fees it comes out to $1061.82.

Cancellation policy:

Cancel 21 days prior to arrival (BOOKING MUST BE CANCELLED 21-D PRIOR 13-00H LOCAL
TIME TO AVOID CHARGES
CXL PENALTY IS 2 NIGHTS WHEN CXL PRIOR 20 DAYS
CXL PENALTY IS 3 NIGHTS WHEN CXL PRIOR 1 DAYS
CXL PENALTY IS 4 NIGHTS WHEN CXL PRIOR 0 DAYS
Old May 8, 2012, 8:33 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Just FYI OP... all rates at Capri Palace include buffet breakfast...!
Old May 8, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Hotels.com is giving me the cheapest room at $618 (€470). Granted, it's for a smaller room, but still a significant price difference. Any idea (once I have the card), if I can have FHR call and try to book the cheaper room under FHR benefits? The hotel website offers the cheaper room at €522, but hotels.com is still cheaper at €470. Perhaps FHR could book at €522 and offer the FHR benefits.
Old May 8, 2012, 9:39 am

I haven't had any success trying to get a corporate rate with FHR and it will probably be the same with the hotels.com rate. You get extra benefits with FHR, but usually not the best rate.
Old May 8, 2012, 9:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slice
... if the FHR rate is competitive, and if so, I will upgrade to plat ...
It appears this property can also be booked though a Virtuoso travel agent.

http://www.virtuoso.com/exclusiveoff...%20or%20Resort (Scroll down)

...with substantially the same benefits, except the late checkout. Anyone can book through a Virtuoso agency, no particular credit card is required. I believe ABG who replied earlier is one such agent.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the help. Would someone mind checking the following:

Palazzo Sasso
6/11-6/13 (2 nights)

I am seeing 470 Euro on Visa Signature portal and curious how FHR compares. Thank you.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:56 pm

$1245 USD for 2 nights. $622 avg per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.