Wiki Posts
Search

Daily Giveaway Promotion: Hilton Points

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs down Daily Giveaway Promotion: Hilton Points

Over the last two weeks, I have tried with No Success to buy 100,000 or more Hilton Points. This week I had 10 friends with me all try exactly at 1:00pm EST when they went on sale. Immediately at 1:00 pm we all started to get at least one (1) of the 100,000 or more Hilton Points and each time all of us got Try Again pop ups. It seems that the 80 that were available must have been sold during the pre-sale because by six (6) minutes after 1:00 est, They were Sold Out !!!

I am currently a gold Amex member which doesn't matter for this promtion but I wish it did. This promotion offers many things that you can buy but it seems that it is virtually impossible to buy the Hilton Honors points because of the way it is set up. Amex should have allowed all Gold and higher members pre-sale access also instead of the way they are running this promo.

I am quite disappointed in Amex for this promotion participation.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
There were no pre-sales for the Hilton points.....
Old May 5, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I believe that they do not show as "sold" until the transaction is completed, which is why it might take a few minutes before it shows as "sold out."

Obviously, you have no experience getting Led Zepplin tickets!

(Yes, I'm semi-kidding because I don't think Led Zepplin ever toured in the internet era.)
Old May 5, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
It seems that the 80 that were available must have been sold during the pre-sale because by six (6) minutes after 1:00 est, They were Sold Out !!!
I believe it was at least 15m before they showed "sold out". I was refreshing constantly

I am quite disappointed in Amex for this promotion participation.
Amex users got 10% off. That's a fantastic promotion. Direct your rage at the daily getaways folks and their awful website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.