Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Access Centurion Club EZE with Aeroplan Platinum AmEx card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Is it possible to get access to the Centurion Club in EZE with a Platnium Aeroplan AmEx?

Last edited by mia; Aug 14, 2011 at 11:46 am
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Hmm... I think the "Centurion" part of the club name should probably answer that question.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:43 am
Original Poster

HUH?

Originally Posted by jandersinc
Hmm... I think the "Centurion" part of the club name should probably answer that question.
Snippy, snippy......The Club is open to American Express Card holders in EZE and I was seeking clarification as to whether or not THE AEROPLAN platnium was included. I was seeking some clarification from someone who, perhaps, has been there.

I didnt deserve the nasty comment.

Last edited by cmiller2600; Aug 14, 2011 at 9:06 am
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:38 am

The OP should be not be made fun of as you can get access without a Centurion card. I have some pictures some where of the centurion lounge. It could be on milepoint.com

The Centurion club in EZE consists of one large space for regular customers and a large special room for Platinum Amex and very small intimate room for Centurion Amex card holders with a private phone to order food and beverage.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have edited the thread title to specify the question.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
My Aeroméxico Plat Amex gave me access to the GIG club but not the GRU one. It is always accepted at MEX. I'd say probably yes, but don't count on it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks to all for your help with this!!! Much appreciated.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, OneWorld Emerlad (CX)
Access Ezeiza Centurion

Hi

I use the Lounge because I live in Uruguay and travel a lot to Argentina... At the Amex Centurion Loung in Ezeiza you are allowed to access... with GOLD argentinan cards to a big lounge, with ANY platinum to another lounge (its very good)... and with the Centurion you can access a exclusive area with a closed door (with key) like a living room with a 60' inches LCD, great and delicious food... magazines.. etc.. one of the best services I got in Lounge.

Nicolas
Uruguayan Centurion
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by cyberaver
Hi

I use the Lounge because I live in Uruguay and travel a lot to Argentina... At the Amex Centurion Loung in Ezeiza you are allowed to access... with GOLD argentinan cards to a big lounge, with ANY platinum to another lounge (its very good)... and with the Centurion you can access a exclusive area with a closed door (with key) like a living room with a 60' inches LCD, great and delicious food... magazines.. etc.. one of the best services I got in Lounge.

Nicolas
Uruguayan Centurion
If flying out on AA, which lounge would you recommend: Admirals Club or Amex Centurion as an Amex Platinum Cardmember?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Recommendation

I am flying on Air Canada and I think they use the United Red Carpet....which is better...the AMEX or the Red Carpet?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, OneWorld Emerlad (CX)
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
If flying out on AA, which lounge would you recommend: Admirals Club or Amex Centurion as an Amex Platinum Cardmember?
I didn't try centurion club with the plat, I got there with the centurion amex... so I don't know about the service.. but I went once to AA and its not so good...

Just try both and you see which one is better
If you got cent. card.. the option its the Centurion Amex Club .- its the best!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by cmiller2600
I am flying on Air Canada and I think they use the United Red Carpet....which is better...the AMEX or the Red Carpet?
Why not try both? I have to say, the Centurion room at EZE was awesome. The main lounge was pretty full to say the least but the Cent room was but my wife and I.

Just curious, does the Aeroplan Platinum actually get you into lounges other than Maple Leaf Lounges or do you also get the Priority Pass?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Both is my normal routine..

Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Why not try both? I have to say, the Centurion room at EZE was awesome. The main lounge was pretty full to say the least but the Cent room was but my wife and I.

Just curious, does the Aeroplan Platinum actually get you into lounges other than Maple Leaf Lounges or do you also get the Priority Pass?

Hi there,

I fly UA and I normally start of at the Amex Platinum Lounge for awhile then walk through the Duty Free Shops ( always find the gal with the Chocolate Samples ) then end up in the RCC Club. They are soo close together if you have time I would see for your self. I like the Platinum Lounge Sparkling and Sandwiches and Finger Foods ( placed at 7:00 pm ) then to the RCC I go around 8:00 pm for the balance of my pre flight snack...
Old May 4, 2012, 10:18 am

Aeroplan Platinum Amex at EZE

Good luck! I tried back in October since our AC flight back to Santiago (and on to Toronto) was delayed for 18 hours and UA (AC's handling agents in EZE) had rebooked those few of us only going to Santiago onto LAN.

It was on a Sunday and the Centurion Club hostess couldn't have been more rude, ignorant and totally unaccommodating. She refused to call anyone for assistance. Finally gave up arguing with this idiot and used my Priority Pass to enter UA's Red Carpet Club.

When we got home, contacted Amex Canada about the issue. Indeed, this "princess" at the EZE Centurion Club was wrong! Amex refunded my Priority Pass charge at the Red Carpet Club and I filed a complaint against the prima dona at the EZE Centurion Club. I have never heard back from the Club's manager, and considering the arrogance from a certain sector of the Argentine population, I won't likely ever hear the word "Sorry".

I was so put off my her ignorance that I can only assume that she must have previously been a Flight Attendant with Aerolineas Argentinas. I won't go near the Centurion Club at Ezeiza ever again!

I'm writing this from the newly open (December 2012) Centurion Club at Toluca Airport Mexico...clean, modern and staffed with very friendly and helpful personnel! What a very pleasant experience dealing with each and every Centurion Club in Mexico!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.