FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA CENTURION card program changes: maximum two authorized users @ $2500 each (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1341755-usa-centurion-card-program-changes-maximum-two-authorized-users-2500-each.html)

b8b Aug 18, 2012 1:43 pm

I wonder why this change was implemented? I wonder how many cardholders out there have a lot more than two AU's? I would think the Business Centurion could have a lot, but personal? I wonder why they made this apply to both.

If anyone has any insight, please do share.

platinumPizza Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm

I canceled my AU last week, not worth it anymore. Really considering canceling the main card as well.

b8b Aug 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by platinumPizza (Post 19153884)
I canceled my AU last week, not worth it anymore. Really considering canceling the main card as well.

Is that because you're not using it as much in the States anymore?

FlyingTrojan Aug 19, 2012 11:07 pm

From an outsider's perspective, I've worked with a client who gave business cent cards to all of his full time employees. Rather small business, but still for one primary account there were about two dozen AUs. I found this quite peculiar. Great perk for the employees, but probably not in Amex's eyes.

(random side note: could the AU fee be considered a business expense and written off?)

jandersinc Aug 20, 2012 8:08 am

If used for business absolutely it can be.

platinumPizza Aug 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by b8b (Post 19154635)
Is that because you're not using it as much in the States anymore?

The United deal really killed it. Using the palladium overseas allot and the cent for a few reasons. I got a presidential plus for business and get status with that now. If US Airways and AA don't merge soon I may cancel the cent.

FlyerTalker683455 Aug 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan (Post 19155309)
From an outsider's perspective, I've worked with a client who gave business cent cards to all of his full time employees. Rather small business, but still for one primary account there were about two dozen AUs. I found this quite peculiar. Great perk for the employees, but probably not in Amex's eyes.

(random side note: could the AU fee be considered a business expense and written off?)

Cdn cents get a supplemental cent and up to five plats. I have issued plats to a few of my Key employees.

DMSFCA Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

I know everyone scoffs at USAir, but if they killed that and/or the Delta level granted by Cent I'd be out.

eyezon Aug 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan (Post 19155309)

Very nice perk indeed. I wonder how much the signaling the card does equates to it's perceived value? I don't think the card is worth the spend level.

wspfan Aug 31, 2012 1:48 pm

Last day to do this

Today is the last day to get your people locked in at $1500 a year and being a AU.

stevens397 Sep 2, 2012 8:40 am

FWIW, I have the Personal Centurion and my business partner is an AU. I ended up getting my wife and his wife Platinum Cards on the same account simply for the lounge access when they travel without us. Don't remember what it cost but I think it was $150 for the first and the second was free.

So I guess I have 3 AUs and it makes sense for us.

buffcoat Sep 7, 2012 6:27 pm

I wouldn't worry about the Delta level going down anytime soon. That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.

b8b Sep 7, 2012 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by buffcoat (Post 19274095)
I wouldn't worry about the Delta level going down anytime soon. That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.

Might have a reason to be concerned about US status going away if they merge with AA.

I read today in Departures mag that Centurions can upgrade a C ticket to First on certain airlines instead of the b1g1 C tickets... I must have missed that benefit.

Steve M Sep 7, 2012 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by buffcoat (Post 19274095)
That's the _sine qua non_ of the Centurion Card.

It is? Perhaps if you fly DL. Worthless for everyone else.

Steve M Sep 7, 2012 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by b8b (Post 19274143)
Might have a reason to be concerned about US status going away if they merge with AA.

I read today in Departures mag that Centurions can upgrade a C ticket to First on certain airlines instead of the b1g1 C tickets... I must have missed that benefit.

This is available on Emirates, Swiss International Air Lines, Jet Airways, British Airways, and Etihad Airways (to US-issued Centurion cards). You're not the only one to have missed it - I've spoken with CTS agents that had never heard of it either.