Search

Do you use UK Amex Travel insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Do you use UK Amex Travel insurance?

Hi all,

Has anyone recently bought or have any experience with Amex Travel insurance?

My soon to be wife and I are doing a round the world honeymoon and want decent travel insurance. I’ve checked on Amex website and the quote is around £400. I’ve checked this against other companies who are charging around the £300 mark for their top of the range insurance.

Are you paying for the name here? I don’t mind paying the extra £100 if I know that I’m going to get good service etc in case something does go wrong.

Any thoughts?

Cheers ^
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I too would like to get an answer for this. The only travel insurance I have at the moment is the standard Amex Plat one, but since I'll be travelling a lot more over the next year I'm considering paying for a premium insurance. My quote was around £400 for myself and my wife.

Is it worth it??
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Yes please
I had a smallish claim for some treatment my wife needed in Italy a few years ago; one consultation and some prescription medicines. The claim processing was reasonably timely and uncomplicated. Overall, a good experience, insofar as a painful experience in a foreign land can ever be a good experience.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
My expereince predates the recent 'enhancements'.

My wife needed dental treatment in South Africa and the US. I claimed for a cracked windscreen on a rental car in Canada, which required replacement.

All three were settled quickly. The car claim was paid in the same billing month as the charge.

As it happens, the car rental was paid for using AmEx plat so would presumably be covered if it happened now. The travel arrangements for my wife's claims probably not.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
I used the Platinum card insurance to claim for some minor medical treatment in Tunisia a few years back. It was very simple and straight forward.

MAN-FF
Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi guys and thanks for the reply,

Just to confirm, I'm not talking about the insurance you get through the plat card..I'm talking about the insurance you can buy through Amex its self.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.