Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do credits count towards minimum spend on AmEx cards / charge accounts?

Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D

I'm working on a 10K minimum spend for AmEx Biz Gold Open. I've taken advantage of a couple of their twitter and facebook promos, where you get xx $ back when you sync your card and spend XX dollars at Staples or ticketmaster or wherever.

How do they count that amount towards your minimum spend? For instance, I charged $100 at ticketmaster, and got a $50 credit. Does the $100 count, or just $50?

Also, I had one instance where an online business overcharged me slightly. I called them and they gave me a credit adjustment (positive credit). How does that affect minimum spend, if at all?

TIA.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
I'm working on a 10K minimum spend for AmEx Biz Gold Open. I've taken advantage of a couple of their twitter and facebook promos, where you get xx $ back when you sync your card and spend XX dollars at Staples or ticketmaster or wherever.

How do they count that amount towards your minimum spend? For instance, I charged $100 at ticketmaster, and got a $50 credit. Does the $100 count, or just $50?

Also, I had one instance where an online business overcharged me slightly. I called them and they gave me a credit adjustment (positive credit). How does that affect minimum spend, if at all?

TIA.
Not sure if it's YMMV or not, but everytime I've been issued a credit by a merchant or from Amex themselves it does not count. I even get negative MR points
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:23 pm

When I got the MB plat the $200 airline credit seemed to have counted...
IE... I got the 50k points a day or two after hitting the "1k" threshold about a week and a half maybe after I got the card.
I was probably pretty close without it though at that point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.