Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AU on Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

AU on Platinum

So, I finally got approved for the 100K MR/ 10K spend in 6 months Plat card.. I now need to add my husband as an AU to boost my spending. I know he wont be travelling a lot in the upcoming 3 months - new baby due in June. I am debating whether to get him a Plat or PRG supplimentary card. Two questions

- If we get a PRG card as an AU- willl we get extra MR on grocery/gas when we use his card or will his card get 1X times rewards the same as my Plat?
- At some point later in the year, can we upgrade his card to Platinum card and will I be charged a prorated fees ?
- Will his PRG have the same purchase protection since he is an AU on my card, or do I have to pay with my Plat ?

I am aware of the other benefits of the Plat AU - Global etry/SPG status etc.

Thanks!!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Newflyer123
- If we get a PRG card as an AU- willl we get extra MR on grocery/gas when we use his card or will his card get 1X times rewards the same as my Plat?
If you request a supplementary Gold it will not be a Premier Rewards Gold card. It will earn one point per dollar exactly the same as the Platinum card itself.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks Mia. Do you know about prorating fees for supplementary cards ? BTW I got a pleasant surprise when I saw an email for approval this morning. Somehow they reduced the spend to 3K in 3 months instead of 10K in 6 months per my original RSVP code!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Newflyer123
Thanks Mia. Do you know about prorating fees for supplementary cards ? BTW I got a pleasant surprise when I saw an email for approval this morning. Somehow they reduced the spend to 3K in 3 months instead of 10K in 6 months per my original RSVP code!
I believe AU gold cards are free under a Plat. For additional Plat cards it is $175 a year for 1-3 card and $175 per card thereafter.(So the best bang for your buck is getting 3, if have 3 family members etc.)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
It's $45 for the 1st 5 gold cards under a Platinum account. And like the previous poster said, $175 for the 1st 3 supp Platinum cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.