Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converted AmEx card eligible for new card bonus?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Converted AmEx card eligible for new card bonus?

My annual fee for one of my AmEx cards just posted (Delta Gold Business) and AmEx offered to do a card conversion into a Business Blue (no fee) or Starwood Business, but very specifically said I wouldn't be eligible for the new card signup bonuses for either. This makes sense but a friend of mine did the same thing (Delta Biz -> Starwood Biz) and was told very clearly that they would be eligible for the new card signup bonus. At first I thought AmEx did an account closure / reapply for them rather than a straight conversion, but their new Starwood Biz card kept the original account number.

Do I just need to call back until I get the right CSR or was my friend given bad info when they did their card conversion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.