Wiki Posts
Search

Using Plat Benefits on AA Flights booked w/ BA Award

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
Using Plat Benefits on AA Flights booked w/ BA Award

I have some upcoming travel and may be using some BA Avios to book domestic flights on AA. If I book the tickets through BA ( I would assume that this would use a BA flight #) and I have an AMEX Platinum, can I:

1. Use the annual $200.00 reimbursement for baggage fees charged by AA?
2. Have access to the AA lounges?

From what I have read in the T&Cs, it appears that the answer for both is yes. I just want to confirm this before I make the bookings.

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Yes and yes.

However, I believe you will have an AA ticket, not a BA ticket. Partner redemptions have nothing to do with codeshares, and in my understanding BA domestic USA tickets are only sold as connections with BA international flights.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by rkb2530
I have some upcoming travel and may be using some BA Avios to book domestic flights on AA. If I book the tickets through BA ( I would assume that this would use a BA flight #) and I have an AMEX Platinum, can I:

1. Use the annual $200.00 reimbursement for baggage fees charged by AA?
2. Have access to the AA lounges?

From what I have read in the T&Cs, it appears that the answer for both is yes. I just want to confirm this before I make the bookings.

Thanks
Answers are: YES.
Your assumption of BA flight number is incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.