Question on using Corporate Amex Card

Old Mar 29, 12, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Question on using Corporate Amex Card

I'm going to be getting a Corporate Amex Card. What rewards points do you get and what don't you get ?
Old Mar 29, 12, 3:14 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Your employer determines whether their card accounts are eligible for Membership Rewards. If yours are there is an annual fee, $75 I think, to enroll. Ask your co-workers.

Previous discussions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...rate-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html
Old Mar 29, 12, 5:38 pm

Even though I have a personal Amex plat, which does not pay to link to MR, I had to pay to link my basic corporate card. As it turns out, I don't spend enough on it to justify keeping it enrolled.
Old Mar 31, 12, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
Corp Cards

Corporate cards usually require the individual card holder to register for MR points. This requires the card holder to pay the fee of USD 75 per year.
This gives 1 point for every dollar spent regardless of the category of the spend.

However, if your company doesn't care which card you charge the expense to, then I would strongly suggest getting the Amex PR Gold which gives 3X on airfare, 2x on gas / groceries and 1x on everything else. This card racks the points so much faster if you are a frequent flier. You can do this while just keeping the corporate card with you and not charging anything to it. There is one caveat though. You have to pay an additional USD 75 for earning MR points on your Amex PR Gold card.
Old Mar 31, 12, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Even though I have a personal Amex plat, which does not pay to link to MR, I had to pay to link my basic corporate card. As it turns out, I don't spend enough on it to justify keeping it enrolled.
In addition, not all employers allow the option to link to your personal MR earning, so that's the first hurdle. Then the cost-benefit of the $75 fee is the second.
Old Mar 31, 12, 11:41 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic View Post
In addition, not all employers allow the option to link to your personal MR earning, so that's the first hurdle. Then the cost-benefit of the $75 fee is the second.
I second this; my employer (large >100k employees) doesn't allow MR points on their corp cards per the deal they have worked with AMEX.
Old Mar 31, 12, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Daytrader View Post
I'm going to be getting a Corporate Amex Card. What rewards points do you get and what don't you get ?
What's your employer's deal with Amex? You should ask the employer first. It's also likely that if you are eligible, the materials which come with the card will make this clear.

Search this Thread