Morgan Stanley American Express Platinum Card

Old Mar 7, 12, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Morgan Stanley American Express Platinum Card

http://www.morganstanleyindividual.c...tions/MSCards/
Old Mar 7, 12, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
You must have a Smith Barney account; the only difference I see compared to the regular Amex Plat is that you get a free additional card.
Old Mar 7, 12, 4:22 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
the lesser card..seems pretty decent..especially as a way to extend your membership rewards points...although the bonus aint that hot
Old Mar 7, 12, 7:17 pm

apparently it is new: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...08-711248.html

Last edited by drsaith; Mar 8, 12 at 2:28 pm
Old Mar 8, 12, 7:53 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
You must have a Smith Barney account; the only difference I see compared to the regular Amex Plat is that you get a free additional card.
There is also a small bonus for substantial spending, essentially a refund of the annual fee:

Receive an Anniversary Spend Award10 of $500 from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney each year you spend $100,000 on your Card by your anniversary date
Similar on the $95 credit card with a more modest spend:

Receive an Anniversary Spend Award4 of $100 from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney each year you spend $25,000 on your Card by your anniversary date
Old Mar 8, 12, 8:09 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
You also get $500 annually if you meet the spend threshhold. This card definitely seems better than the regular Plat.
Old Mar 8, 12, 10:53 am

1 Spp card free, that a great deal.
Old Mar 8, 12, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Four Seasons
Originally Posted by bluto View Post
You also get $500 annually if you meet the spend threshhold. This card definitely seems better than the regular Plat.
I agree. Looks like I may cancel my Mercedes Platinum this fall when the renewal comes up and signup for this one instead.

Maybe they have some leverage with getting a Centurion invite as an investment bank / broker behind the card
Old Mar 9, 12, 1:18 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
My company has an account with Morgan Stanley. Even though I am the managing partner, technically the account is not in my name. If I read the terms and conditions, it seems I don't qualify. Has anyone else had success getting this card even though they don't technically meet the T&C?
Old Mar 9, 12, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by bluto View Post
My company has an account with Morgan Stanley. Even though I am the managing partner, technically the account is not in my name. If I read the terms and conditions, it seems I don't qualify. Has anyone else had success getting this card even though they don't technically meet the T&C?
Post 4 links to a 3/8/2012 WSJ article indicating these cards are newly released; it's unlikely anyone has any such knowledge yet. My guess would be that you're out of luck though.
Old Mar 10, 12, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mzkaiser View Post
Post 4 links to a 3/8/2012 WSJ article indicating these cards are newly released; it's unlikely anyone has any such knowledge yet. My guess would be that you're out of luck though.
I would contact your MS contact to see if you are eligible.
Old Mar 13, 12, 12:53 pm

Applied and approved. Process is only via 800 number and speaking with a live agent. Big benefit here is the 50K MR points with only $1,000 spend over three months and a free companion card. Once this arrives, I'm ditching my regular Amex Platinum.
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:28 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by cardtracker View Post
Applied and approved.
Do you have a Morgan Stanley account?
Old Mar 13, 12, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Do you have a Morgan Stanley account?
Yes, part of the application process is an apparent validation that you have a MSSB brokerage account.
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cardtracker View Post
Yes, part of the application process is an apparent validation that you have a MSSB brokerage account.
Want to help a brother out who's too lazy to call his MSSB financial advisor and give us that application 1-800 number?

Search this Thread