FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   When is next airline transfer bonus? [See Wiki for USA history] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1321588-when-next-airline-transfer-bonus-see-wiki-usa-history.html)

tylorcl Mar 5, 2012 7:12 pm

When is next airline transfer bonus? [See Wiki for USA history]

There was AF transfer promotion last month. Is there any new transfer promotion this month? Or any rumor of new promotion very soon?

mia Mar 6, 2012 7:29 am

March promotion for USA Membership Rewards is to Starwood Preferred Guest rather than an airline. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ch-2012-a.html

Saturne-79 Mar 6, 2012 4:49 pm

Unfortunately the promotions are not for everyone, so tylorcl or I can not enjoy this promotion.:td:
Last time there was a MR transfer promotion in Finland it was April 2011...

pcharles Mar 6, 2012 6:26 pm

Historical point transfer limits?

I am fairly new to Amex. This fall, I took advantage of the DL transfer bonus but I only had 100K points in balance.
Particular on bonus offers, historically has traditionally always been a limit, 100K or less for example, on the airline transfer bonus? And/or is it per account or sometimes just per transfer?
Thank you

tylorcl Mar 6, 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 18144511)
March promotion for USA Membership Rewards is to Starwood Preferred Guest rather than an airline. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ch-2012-a.html

Not a very good promotion! Is there a promotion each month historically for transfer to airline/hotel points?

mia Mar 7, 2012 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Saturne-79 (Post 18148479)
Unfortunately the promotions are not for everyone, so tylorcl or I can not enjoy this promotion.

You are correct that each version of Membership Rewards has its own earning, partner, and bonus schedule, but a Flyertalk member's geographical location does not tell us where the card account was issued.

Originally Posted by tylorcl (Post 18149722)
Not a very good promotion! Is there a promotion each month historically for transfer to airline/hotel points?

There is no pattern to Membership Rewards transfer promotions. Typically, there are (for example) several offers from Delta and only one from Starwood, but often there will be no offer for a few months. Some offers are organized by the partner and are never promoted by American Express (for example, Air Canada Aeroplan and some Delta offers.)

jaze Mar 8, 2012 9:47 am

What's the best way to keep abreast of the various transfer offers etc? Is it just by combing through the various items in this forum, or is there a centralized thread, Twitter account etc that covers fast-breaking deals?

Tim Li May 27, 2012 3:23 am

When is next airline transfer bonus? [Consolidated]

AMEX have been having the special promotion all the time. so What do you guys think what's the next promotion after 50% bonus transfer to BA?
Delta haven't had any promotion in a long time, so, guys.. any idea?

tylorcl Jun 7, 2012 12:43 am

Any new Amex transfer promotion?

Now that the BA 50% transfer bonus is over, is there or will there be any other new Amex transfer promotion?

gv111 Jun 7, 2012 9:57 am

Originally Posted by tylorcl (Post 18712991)
Now that the BA 50% transfer bonus is over, is there or will there be any other new Amex transfer promotion?

My account has following bonus 800 AMEX -> 1,500 HH. So 20% discount on the usual 1,000 -> 1,500 HH. I believe there are similar bonuses on SPG, Choice etc.

mia Jun 7, 2012 10:50 am

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 18714997)
My account has ...

These "discount" offers are typically targeted to a subset of cardholders, and indeed my account shows only the standard 1000:1500 HHonors rate.

ashcoza Jun 8, 2012 3:35 am

I am a bit new, i missed the BA offer(kicking myself) but is their a post or can they use this one to start informing when the new one comes along?
do they come along quite often?
what are the best ones you have seen?

Wozza2404 Jun 8, 2012 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ashcoza (Post 18719917)
I am a bit new, i missed the BA offer(kicking myself) but is their a post or can they use this one to start informing when the new one comes along?
do they come along quite often?
what are the best ones you have seen?

I think the best was the 100% bonus; but this was a little bittersweet as it was followed by the huge devaluation a couple of years ago.

ashcoza Jun 9, 2012 3:12 pm

100% for BA points?
do they only do promotions for BA points?
I am still kicking myself as I am just learning about all the ins and outs of poitns and miles and i just had to buy a ticket from ba and could've had more, damn it. ah well, hopefully something soon

The Juiceman Jun 9, 2012 8:54 pm

I am holding my breath for a new DL bonus. Need between 35k and 55k to top off my account to book a rapidly approaching trip, and can't bring myself to bite at the current 1 to 1 rate. Anyone know if one might be on its way?