Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75,000 Bonus Points on AMEX Business Gold – Ends Today (Feb 29)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Savannah2000
Oh great, I sent a secure message to double knowing the issues that others FTers encountered, and got that message back:

"Hello Savannah,

I'm afraid, I am unable to view these offer for your account ending in *****.

I will have this request looked into for you by our Membership Rewards Team.

This process can take up to 10 business days. Once it is complete, we will send you a letter with detailed information about the outcome.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this matter for you.

Sincerely,
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services"

Do you recommend to wait, to call? I did send another message to highlight the fact that the signup bonus was critical to me regarding this new card...
Savannah-please let us know here what your resolution is. Sounds like you are having the same problem I am. As I faxed my letter and screen shots requesting the promo 3 days ago, I am going to call today to verify they got it. If I am turned down and you are too I want to know if we are both given the same reason or different ones.
Susie
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
Savannah-please let us know here what your resolution is. Sounds like you are having the same problem I am. As I faxed my letter and screen shots requesting the promo 3 days ago, I am going to call today to verify they got it. If I am turned down and you are too I want to know if we are both given the same reason or different ones.
Susie
Yes, I will!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I called to activate card and confirm the offer and had no problem. I'm in the camp that Susiean's issue is related to her existing card but will get solved. Good for you for switching cards until it is solved!

Mike
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
I called to activate card and confirm the offer and had no problem. I'm in the camp that Susiean's issue is related to her existing card but will get solved. Good for you for switching cards until it is solved!

Mike
Mike; did you have an existing business Gold card? or was this your first ever under any business name?
I sent another secure email to AX informing them I have put over $6000 on the VISA card since Monday 3/5, revenue they are not getting until this is resolved.

Last edited by susiesan; Mar 7, 2012 at 11:56 am
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:36 am

Please send me screen shot of 75K offer

I applied on Feb 29th following the link for 75K bonus, got the card yesterday and activated. But the customer service said the bonus is not attached to my account. I chose the short route and used my amex login info to apply for this card. Unfortunately I didn't save the screen shot for 75K.

I would appreciate if you can send me the screen shot.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Budget_Traveller_OR
I applied on Feb 29th following the link for 75K bonus, got the card yesterday and activated. But the customer service said the bonus is not attached to my account. I chose the short route and used my amex login info to apply for this card. Unfortunately I didn't save the screen shot for 75K.

I would appreciate if you can send me the screen shot.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you can use the screenshot at http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/toda...-rewards-gold/ . There are probably more detailed screenshots on other blogs.

The issue wasn't that you used the short option by using your amex login info to apply, as I did the same and have the bonus attached to my account.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by susiesan
Mike; did you have an existing business Gold card? or was this your first ever under any business name?
I sent another secure email to AX informing them I have put over $6000 on the VISA card since Monday 3/5, revenue they are not getting until this is resolved.
No, I never have. In fact, until last week, I never had a business!

Mike
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:08 am

susiesan and vortix

Thanks for the screenshots. When I activated the card yesterday, the agnet who activated, couldn't find this offer with my card and when connected to customer service rep, she could not also find this offer attached to my card.

I called the customer service again this morning and the agent confirmed me that the offer is attached to my account and he gave the offer code as "A2AA".

So, hopefully I am OK to get 75K MR points after $10K spend in 4 months. Now I need to figure out how to spend $10K with minimum loss.

Is there any thread that discusses the cheapest way of charging the cards, meaning get something like travellers check for a fee and deposit to bank, etc etc. I know that TC with credit card offer is not there any more. All I know now is paying Fed TAX with 2.29% fee. But that is a bit expensive. Any cheaper way?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I have a different issue. When I tried to confirm the bonus, the agent awssured me the bonus was attached to the application, but she could not confirm the amount. She also said the spend period was until Aug 6, which is 6 months instead of four. Something is defintely not right here, I guess I'll try to SM them and get something in writing.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by Budget_Traveller_OR

Is there any thread that discusses the cheapest way of charging the cards, meaning get something like travellers check for a fee and deposit to bank, etc etc. I know that TC with credit card offer is not there any more. All I know now is paying Fed TAX with 2.29% fee. But that is a bit expensive. Any cheaper way?
Here are some ideas. You can also add authorized users to help you meet the minimum spend.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Update

Decided to call again and got a knowlegable agent who immediately found the bonus, confirmed the validity and the code itself. In contrast, the first CSR kept me on hold for about 10 minutes and still gave me a wrong answer.

So, it might be that their system is too complicated or agents are not well-trained. In any case it may make sense to try and call again.

Now actually spending 10 grands in four months on a business card is going to be an advanture all in itself, even though I actually do run small business.

Originally Posted by mnscout
I have a different issue. When I tried to confirm the bonus, the agent assured me the bonus was attached to the application, but she could not confirm the amount. She also said the spend period was until Aug 6, which is 6 months instead of four. Something is defintely not right here, I guess I'll try to SM them and get something in writing.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnscout
Now actually spending 10 grands in four months on a business card is going to be an advanture all in itself, even though I actually do run small business.
Well, for accounting reasons you might want to use the card as strictly a business card, but on a practical level, there's no reason you can't put personal expenses on it.

My wife and I each got one, and I'll be using one as a strictly business and one as strictly personal to get each over $10K, just because that works best in my situation.

Hint: Summer camp!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Smile

Received the card yesterday, called this morning to activate and was told that the offer was on my account. This is my first AmEx business card although I do have the personal PRG card from a 100k offer last year....now to get spending!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
does anyone know what the offer code is for this? i signed up through the links and emailed them to find out exactly when i have to spend the $10k by, and they said they don't have a record of a promotion and need the offer code number.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by travel.flier
does anyone know what the offer code is for this? i signed up through the links and emailed them to find out exactly when i have to spend the $10k by, and they said they don't have a record of a promotion and need the offer code number.
It's listed throughout the thread. Offer code was A2AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.